Tourist visas (multiple)

I have been checking the Thai Consular Hull U.K. website. I have noticed that they now advertise that quadruple tourist visas are valid twelve months. Is this a mistake?

When I got a quadruple visa there last time it was valid for only eight months from date of issue.

A one entry tourist visa is valid for use for three months for one entry.

A double entry used to be valid for four months from date of issue/Treble entry;six months/Quad;Eight months.

Even if the visa was valid for three months before first use, surely that would leave only eight months for the remaining four visas to be issued!?

Could someone please clarify this rather perplexing enigma.

Thanks in advance. :o

Hull makes up rules I think. A single entry visa of any category must be utilized within 3 months ie. the entry must be made within that 3 months. In the case of additional entry Tourist Visa's, the Regulations provide that all entries must be made within 6 months. A multiple ( unlimited entries )  Non-Immigrant Visa is valid a full year and all entries must be made within a year.

I get a bit more than perplexed. The official validity period for Tourist Visa's with more than one entry is SIX months 180 days, as prescribed by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs.  I think it might be something dreamed up by a lowly hon consula long long way from Bangkok. Email the Embassy  in London and ask........ or phone MFA Consular Affairs in Bkk 029817171

This theme has been raised before:-

PREM-R

Posted: Aug. 30 2003,12:07  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few weeks ago there was a thread about correct dates of TR visa utilization, (I have a nine month use by date on my 3 entry TR). After my visa run to Laos on 29/Aug/03 (second entry utilized) I visited immigration in Nong Khai to check if my 9 month Visa was correct.

The official said that the date was correct because it had been issued, stamped and signed by a bona fide representative of the Thai government (The Thai Consulate in Birmingham) and as such would be honoured, he also said that the nine months would be to allow for extensions of 30 days for each of the 3 entries purchased (making a total of 9  months).

Having  seen the posting of someone in Chiang Mai who was refused an extension of his visa recently it would seem that the various immigration offices have their own rules and Nong Khai seems to be a good place to visit for Visas and extensions.  

Dr PP is ofcourse correct when he states the 'Rule' of 6 months for multi entry TR visas but, once again TIT!!!! ???