Dog Grooming.

I used to use a young lady in Lamai, opposite the markets for my dogs. She has left the island. I am now using a guy in Maenam, towards Nathon end & I'm not happy with his work. Any suggestions or recommendations ( for groomers :) ) , would be much appreciated.

miss moo in ban makham does grooming (her staff toy) since many years. also the petshop in lamai (before postoffice) does grooming but not sure if only smaller dogs (don't know your dogs size :) )

miss moo in ban makham does grooming (her staff toy) since many years. also the petshop in lamai (before postoffice) does grooming but not sure if only smaller dogs (don't know your dogs size :) )

Thank you elfe. The dog is a cocker spaniel.

We also had our dog groomed at the "smile dog petshop" (which has just moved) - now it's on the right hand side after the golf shooting range between lamai and hua thanon. You can't miss it.

Anyway, last time she was there she looked good and smelt great! Until she rolled around in some buffalo sh*t outside! 8 )

Matt.

Saw a new petshop coming from Makro towards Tesco.

First building on left side after Makro parking.

Grooming Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Also on the same block, Lucky cow.

Excellent home made Yoghurt, feta cheese, Tzatziki, etc.

I should mention that in my lifetime of owning dogs, I have never taken one to a shop to be washed and trimmed or powdered or whatever you pay for there. I know my Mom takes her dogs (indoor animals) to be fluffed up, but she's filthy rich and can't be bothered to do it herself.

I've always washed my own dogs; cut their hair if need be; cut the nails, if need be; cleaned the ears, if need be; and it never crossed my mind that I should arrange to transport the dog(s) to a shop to have someone else do this at some cost.

Washing a dog only takes a few minutes, and unless you are entering some competition and need some special poodle cut, I can't see that the time and expense of having a shop do this is worth the effort and money.

Why do you all take your animal to a shop? (Rooo will say, "Because I am filthy rich," so I beat him to the punch...)

I should mention that in my lifetime of owning dogs, I have never taken one to a shop to be washed and trimmed or powdered or whatever you pay for there. I know my Mom takes her dogs (indoor animals) to be fluffed up, but she's filthy rich and can't be bothered to do it herself.

I've always washed my own dogs; cut their hair if need be; cut the nails, if need be; cleaned the ears, if need be; and it never crossed my mind that I should arrange to transport the dog(s) to a shop to have someone else do this at some cost.

Washing a dog only takes a few minutes, and unless you are entering some competition and need some special poodle cut, I can't see that the time and expense of having a shop do this is worth the effort and money.

Why do you all take your animal to a shop? (Rooo will say, "Because I am filthy rich," so I beat him to the punch...)

Unfortunately Mark, I didn't get dog grooming classes in private school in Switzerland.But then I might ask the maid or the butler if they care to do it. I'm sure they could handle little precious. :)

• Haha 1

Except for a special breed cut, like a mini-poodle or something (and I bet I could make a pretty good effort if I tried), I can do everything at home that can be done at a pet salon.
Mark - will do you mine? How much? :)

Ok Mark, you've Matt's dogs & my dog.When can you start?

PS: You are not touching my hair.

• 10 years later...
On 8/7/2009 at 4:01 PM, Mark Wolfe said:

Well after recent Eye Surgery I can not get even one drop of water in my eyes. In goggles I sweat quickly and that too is bad. So for the moment shopping out the dogs for a few times is a practical and not lazy decision... No matter how you might want to throw shade on people

On 8/17/2019 at 5:02 AM, animatic said:

Well after recent Eye Surgery I can not get even one drop of water in my eyes. In goggles I sweat quickly and that too is bad. So for the moment shopping out the dogs for a few times is a practical and not lazy decision... No matter how you might want to throw shade on people

You do know that you made a reply 10 years later....

• Like 2