Visa for farang husbands

I have noticed in the current edition of the Pattaya Today newspaper  ( letters to the Editor ) comments about visa's for farang husbands, relating to a past article.. quote.. The item in farang new's alert referred to changes due July next year , our sources at immigration say's the fine print could change befor then however if the one year retiree extension visa is any thing to go by the new regulations will be .. EITHER .. lump sum OR income AND EXISTING VISA HOLDERS WILL BE UNDER THE OLD REGULATIONS.  ( we will have to see !!!)

As I went for the Marriage visa recently with 200k+ in the Thai bank I was told that show of income alone was not enough, but if you could not top or meet the required 400k Bht required as of 10 July 2004, a combination of proof of current funds together with proof of income would suffice.

What we need is a western educated look krung to get elected as an MP and fight for rights for foreigners.

Why would the educated Thai (Maybe holding another nationality ... not sure if we could be elected as MP), with a "Farang" parent, would care about people that can't keep a minimum amount of money in their Bank account ...

Education in the western world, rarely comes cheap. The 400KTHB (requirement for non-O Visa based on marriage) ... pocket money probably for those that get educated in the West ... and they would usually look down on you.

What you need is :

1: someone to kick your ass, the sabai sabai days are over

2: stop whinning

3: well, and maybe find 400KTHB

Maybe what the Thai government should do is renounce all visas so we can all go back to a miserable existence in our home countries.

This would seem to make many posters here happy.

I'm glad the Thai government on a whole seems decidedly more sensible than a lot of western governments.

Regards

Maybe what the Thai government should do is renounce all visas so we can all go back to a miserable existence in our home countries.

This would seem to make many posters here happy.

I'm glad the Thai government on a whole seems decidedly more sensible than a lot of western governments.

Regards

No wrong answer. They have not had enough time to find banks in each country that will allow for easier transfer of funds through the Thai government so they can tax the

money before it sent on to the T-loc/village/motor bike taxi