Cowon S9

Dakhar

I had the chance to test drive the Cowon S9 yesterday, and I was very impressed. The product is extremely light weight, great graphics, and true to form, it has an awesome sound quality.

If only it were a phone too!!!!

The price not bad for what it can do....

I may get one, it is just that it is larger than my IAudio7 and packing the S9 around with my Iphone would be a little nuty.

Iphone, S9 + a wallet.... I would eventually need a "Man Purse!"

Don't do it! I use to know a guy in Oz, he was a business man and a very busy one at that, he use to carry a Manpurse & got hassled heaps about it too :) , he's an old flying buddy of mine but unfortunately he was killed in a crash, so I'm on the hunt for a new mate with a boy purse to put <deleted> on......if ur up to it?

Its also one of the main reasons I like my older style mobile, which is small and fits in my top pocket.....but I cant do everything or much with it compared to the newer mobiles.

Have you got any more information on the Cowan, where its available in Thailand. I looked breifly at their USA website and it certainly looks the go, obviously sounds okay according to you?

It doesn't really sound "OK." It sound DANG good

But you have to remember I am using my custom head sets. But here is the deal. My headsets sound good with an I-pod, but with a COWON, they sound awesome.

So I expect results will varry.... "A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link."

Regarding where to get a Cowon.... honestly I have yet to really "dig" around in Thailand because I have ways to get them in to Thailand without paying un-mentioned fees (forum rules technically prevent me from discussing these ways)

These prices compare favourably with the UK which as a Brit is where I price compare. I have the 7 and like it for it's small size and the fact that it plays flac. All my music is in flac and with my Alessandro MS-1s, a pair of modified Grado phones it sounds great.

Here is one option in order to get a cowon S9 http://www.music2home.com/brand.aspx?bid=55

But it looks like they add 3k baht to the "street" price found on E-bay. If you were to bother to take the time you can also find them being sold on Alibaba, but I do not know how many units you would have to buy etc.