Teachers License Test Schedule...

mizzi39

So one teacher just sat one of the exams. One exam or 4 exams it didn't make any difference.

Did the school pay the fee and travel/lodging expenses? And you have reminded me, to get the waiver you don't have to pass, just take the exam and some just mark the answer sheet Christmas tree or all "B" etc..

Still curious about the Thai teachers being required to take the same exams. I suppose it is those without an Education degree?

I could have sat just one exam to get the waiver, but this was not made clear until after i had registered and paid. Actually, since i had already taken the culture course two years ago and possess that certificate I did not have to take the tests at all (at this time) and still qualified for another two year waiver, but again our school was hazy on the facts until a few of us had signed up and paid the fee.

Our school paid for the culture course, including food and accommodations two years ago, but told us that we would be on our own when it came time take the TCT.

As far as the waiver goes, it does not matter if you pass or even show up for the test. What you need is the receipt showing that you paid, and are "working" towards meeting the requirement, which could take years, since the TC only schedules the tests "once in a blue moon" (or less).

Thai teachers do have to take these tests too. The way their tests are structured differ from the 'English' version. We take four tests with 150 questions each. The Thai tests are broken down into eight tests, so two test for each subject (module). The pass (fail)about the same as foreign teachers.

If I happen not to pass one or all of the tests, i will only retake them one at a time, and prolong this absolute waste of time as long as i can.

Edited by mizzi39

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the waiver goes, it does not matter if you pass or even show up for the test. What you need is the receipt showing that you paid, and are "working" towards meeting the requirement, which could take years, since the TC only schedules the tests "once in a blue moon" (or less).

Just so I understand your opinion/facts above, are you(or anyone else with information) saying that to get a second two year waiver from the TCT one need only pay 1000baht for one of the exams, get the receipt for the payment, and, have her school apply via fax/email/letter/phone call for an additional two year waiver? (no culture course, just this?) Thank you

Just so I understand your opinion/facts above, are you(or anyone else with information) saying that to get a second two year waiver from the TCT one need only pay 1000baht for one of the exams, get the receipt for the payment, and, have her school apply via fax/email/letter/phone call for an additional two year waiver? (no culture course, just this?) Thank you

the completion of the culture course and tests are a requirement to teach in all Govt. schools or at least this is my understanding. Depending on which area one is teaching in this may differ as what needs to be taken first. We were told at our school (2 years ago) that the culture course had to be completed first.

As far as the tests are concerned, yes you understood my post. You only have to sign up for one test at a time, and possess that receipt that test has been paid for to get the second waiver. I (along with a friend who signed up and paid for all four) did not know this until we arrived at the test site and met many people just taking one test. The teachers council wants to see that you are making an attempt to meet the criteria for the license (along with your money). How you choose to schedule is up to you.

I wish I knew this before shelling out 4,000 baht and putting myself through a grueling 10 hours of testing over a 2 day period.

Not getting access. Does anyone have a summary of the number of test takers and the number of people who passed each section?

You need to use Internet Explorer.

Out of the about 180 test takers, nobody passed all four sections. Only a few passed two or three sections.

What were your results mizzi39?

Not getting access. Does anyone have a summary of the number of test takers and the number of people who passed each section?

Out of the about 180 test takers, nobody passed all four sections. Only a few passed two or three sections.

I finally got in. Thanks for the Internet Explorer suggestion. I always use FireFox. For some reason you can only access your score from the application Id. Using first and surename is spitting back "there are no results" (ไม่พบผลการค้นหา).

Now for my results:1 out of 4 :) I will only retake the other three one at a time and like I stated on an earlier post, I will postpone as long as i can. The whole thing is bogus! Peace!

BTW "aidenai" do you have a link to the stats on the 180 test takers? I tried getting them from the link on the TC website, but I could only come up with a list of the Thai test takers. Cheers.

BTW "aidenai" do you have a link to the stats on the 180 test takers? I tried getting them from the link on the TC website, but I could only come up with a list of the Thai test takers. Cheers.

There are no stats available. The Teachers' Council of Thailand is not interested in them.

You have to enter the test takers IDs manually.

Edited by aidenai

In all due respect 'aidenai' how do you know that out of 180 test takers only a few passed 2or 3 sections? do you have my ID? :)

Edited by mizzi39

In all due respect 'aidenai' how do you know that out of 180 test takers only a few passed 2or 3 sections? do you have my ID? :)

The test takers names and their application IDs are available to anybody. http://www.ksp.or.th/ksp2009/th/news/detai...p;Key=education

Look-up a test taker's ID, enter it here: http://203.146.118.135/see/search5_en.php and the name and the test taker's results will show up.

The test takers names and their application IDs are available to anybody. http://www.ksp.or.th/ksp2009/th/news/detai...p;Key=education

Look-up a test taker's ID, enter it here: http://203.146.118.135/see/search5_en.php and the name and the test taker's results will show up.

Thanks 'aidenai'. Did not think about going back to the start.I assumed that link was already inactive, since the TC site generally works for me about 50% of the time. Thanks again! Cheers. :D

After pressing submit with my number there, the icon just spins and spins and never gives me anything. I'm using Firefox. Do you know if it's true you can only use Internet Explorer to access this site?
I'm sure but I don't seem to convince you. Why don't you simply try it with Internet Explorer?

Can someone please post the last test results.

Number of test takers, each exam.

Number who passed each exam.

What passing is, I think I read 75 but is that 50percent of 150 questions which I also recall reading?

Why does it all have to be so secret anyhow?

The Teachers' Council of Thailand in not interested in the statistical results of the tests. They don't care about validity, reliability, appropriateness or fairness of their tests although they want you to know about it hence the questions in their tests.

What counts for them is the number of people who are taking their tests. Test # 5 brought them more than 600,000 Baht. No test taker, who did the four tests, passed.

From the first page of the TCT's website:

'Announcement of Sub-Committee of Knowledge and Experience Certification

for Practicing Educational Profession

on Name List of Persons Passing the Teaching Profession Knowledge Test

for Foreign Teachers (5)'

'Firstname'

'Surename'

I sure have a name but I'm not sure if I have a surename. And this organization licenses foreign teachers. It's just so f***ing embarrassing.

Edited by Loaded

What are the contact details for my school to apply by fax/email/letter/phone?

Just an FYI. The labor office where i live in the sticks is asking for the TCT receipt before giving extensions (or new)WP's. This is my second two year waiver, and even though i had the waiver document from the TC, the labor office still wanted a copy of the receipt to show that i am in the process of meeting the TL requirement.

It happened to me and it could happen to you, so heads up! :)

At your service, sir. Now, where do I have the contact details?

Hold on...............

Thanks, you could at least have given me some decent hold music.

Hold on...............

The contact details can be found directly through the TC website. I think it was already posted, but the next "wave" of tests will happen in September. I don't know when registration is, but you may have already missed the boat. I think the deadline was May 31st, but it may be June 30th, so check with them.

Hold on...............

The contact details can be found directly through the TC website. I think it was already posted, but the next "wave" of tests will happen in September. I don't know when registration is, but you may have already missed the boat. I think the deadline was May 31st, but it may be June 30th, so check with them.

Quite interesting, but when i go on the Kurusapa คุรุสภา website. The English version doesn't work. The Thai version has an icon at the top for 'Contact Kurusapa' ติดต่อคุรุสภา which leads to a blank page. Are they avoiding me? 555

Am i looking on the right website www.ksp.or.th ???

I think it was already posted, but the next "wave" of tests will happen in September. I don't know when registration is, but you may have already missed the boat. I think the deadline was May 31st, but it may be June 30th, so check with them.

The next TCT tests will be held on the 11th and 12th September 2010. You have to apply for the tests before the 10th June 2010.

I find it interesting that teachers in Thai government and private schools have to pass students who score 50% or better in the class, and in the end, EVERYONE has to pass. Yet from the TCT webpage, passing on the TCT tests is 75%.

Methinks that something is a little warped with the system.

I find it interesting that teachers in Thai government and private schools have to pass students who score 50% or better in the class, and in the end, EVERYONE has to pass. Yet from the TCT webpage, passing on the TCT tests is 75%.

Methinks that something is a little warped with the system.

75 questions out of 150, so the rate is 50%.

Request for TL clarification.

This minefield has been extended for so long it is hard to find a way through it.

Currently I have a BA degree and a Grad Dip in Education and have been teaching for 10 years in OZ. In regards to just the teaching qualifications would this be sufficient to get a TL? Would I need a TEFL etc? Would I still need to take the TL Culture exam?

Thanks

Currently I have a BA degree and a Grad Dip in Education and have been teaching for 10 years in OZ. In regards to just the teaching qualifications would this be sufficient to get a TL? Would I need a TEFL etc? Would I still need to take the TL Culture exam?

Thanks

The Graduate Diploma in Education is an education degree equivalent. Therefore, you don't have to do the TCT Professional Knowledge Tests. You don't have to do a TEFL course. The National Education Act 1999 or the Teachers and Educational Personnel Council Act 2003 don't mention the requirement of a TEFL/TESOL certificate.

You do have to take the Thai Language, Culture and Ethics Course.

Edited by aidenai