Where To Buy A Video Scaler

guruavi

hi.

does anyone know where i can buy a video scaler in bangkok? i had a similar product back in my country called the dvdo iscan vp30, but any other that works good will do. tried googling for it but couldn't find anything.

thanks.

What exactly will you use it for?

Most modern amplifiers can upscale component and HDMI sometimes back and forth between the two formats (i.e Component in upscaled to 1080p HDMI out).

DVDO have a Thai distributor and their product is very nice, has a great reputation in the market but it is expensive and you may be able to find a better alternative.

What exactly will you use it for?

Most modern amplifiers can upscale component and HDMI sometimes back and forth between the two formats (i.e Component in upscaled to 1080p HDMI out).

DVDO have a Thai distributor and their product is very nice, has a great reputation in the market but it is expensive and you may be able to find a better alternative.

truth is, most amplifiers, tv and so on don't have such good scalers built into them, not in the same quallity atleast. also, the reason i need this is cause i got several devices, some are ntsc and some are pal, so it's easier to deal with them all using this.

Some of the amplifiers have the highest end video conversion chips inside so that's not quite correct. NTSC/PAL - Whats the issue? 576p/480p image? or 50 Hz/60Hz? or 24/25/30 fps step down? top end amplifiers will simply upscale to an appropriate HD format making all of those problems simply go away - except perhaps video stutter, depending on your TV's refresh rate and how much video you watch.

Things have really come on in the industry when you once needed a separate component to do this job, many of the higher end amplifiers will take this headache away. Teh only reason I'd use a DVDO is if I had a VGA source TBH.

If you can give more details about your components, display etc... before you drop a huge pile of cash on something you may not need.

Some of the amplifiers have the highest end video conversion chips inside so that's not quite correct. NTSC/PAL - Whats the issue? 576p/480p image? or 50 Hz/60Hz? or 24/25/30 fps step down? top end amplifiers will simply upscale to an appropriate HD format making all of those problems simply go away - except perhaps video stutter, depending on your TV's refresh rate and how much video you watch.

Things have really come on in the industry when you once needed a separate component to do this job, many of the higher end amplifiers will take this headache away. Teh only reason I'd use a DVDO is if I had a VGA source TBH.

If you can give more details about your components, display etc... before you drop a huge pile of cash on something you may not need.

ok.

one of the reasons i need this , is i have bought the wd hd media player, when playing 16:9 content (which is 90% of the content you find online today) it display it all wrong on the 4:3 tv i got here... i really don't want to buy a new tv since i live in a condo, and i get all for free. i don't want to start owning too many big stuff that will make my life harder if i want to move to a diffrent city. that's the main reason i need this.