Learning Golf In Ban Chang/rayong Area.

Richb2004v2

What are the best options as regards learning golf in the Ban Chang/Rayong area?

Are there any reasonably priced coaches, Thai or expat?

I would really like to make use of the courses that surround me but I'm a complete beginner and can barley hit the ball at the minute.

What are the best options as regards learning golf in the Ban Chang/Rayong area?

Are there any reasonably priced coaches, Thai or expat?

I would really like to make use of the courses that surround me but I'm a complete beginner and can barley hit the ball at the minute.

Go and stick you head in the Camel or McAllisiters, all the local golfing boys drink in both these bars, one of the local golf pro's (Expat) used to drink in Camel, havent seen him in a while, but maybe still around.

Pretty sure the abovementioned will steer you in the right direction...

• 4 weeks later...

The golf pro who used to drink in the camel, Ban Chang ,has long gone. There seemingly is a very good teacher at the driving range next to Bangkok Rayong Hospital, Rayong.

From Suk. Rd. turn into PMY Rd. towards the beach. At first junction with flashing traffic lights turn right. Driving range about 200m on left.

About 8 years ago there was a driving range across from the Lam Thong Mall on Sukhumvit. Thai guy that would walk up and down the range giving short lessons and drills for you to practice. Was very good and kept it very simple. Back then I think we would give him a couple hundred baht every once in a while. Very informal, Seems about 25% of the people there on any given night were paying him for lessons. Spoke decent English.

TH

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...