Business entiltement for bar ownership

Hi, great site, very informative.  Hopefully someone may assist in the following:

Looking at oppurtunites in Thailand for setting up / purchasing a bar and would appreciate any advice on ...

i)  ownership / entiltlement of foreigner... heard mention of 49% max ownership for non thai residents?  Under what circumstances does this rule change - after a certain period of time,, marriage to Thai citizen etc..

ii)  are there requirements for xx amount of capital to be shown to Thai officials as proof of collateral

iii) links / contacts to legal bodies who can offer experience to foreign persons interested in the above.

Any advice, greatly welcome.

T

Fester ..no, I do not have a Thai wife / partner,, it would seem this is the only route into owning, or having an interest in a bar in Thailand.. Other than being a sleeping partner?

The idea was for myself and a few others to hold an interest in a bar on one of the more relaxed / quieter islands, namely Ko Chang.  Not too bothered about making profit returns but more of a reason to visit the country every once in a while!

Are the government tightning up laws on the strength of Phuket growing into a Magaluf of SE Asia

Cheers

• Like 1

Khun Triptaka,

Just forget the whole idea to open a bar in Thailand. Come here on holiday or even speculate on the Thai stock market, but don't invest in a bar in Thailand. You will lose your hard earned Baht. Believe me!

• Like 1