Un-signed/should Be Signed/or Signed?

Dakhar

This video is loaded with very tallented folks that have yet to be discovered by the main stream. Watch the credits of the video to catch the names of your favorite signers.

It seems like on YouTube there are scores of tallented Asians recording their music and posting it on YouTube. I am guessing the "westerners" are lacking in this area due to our disdain for Karoke. But for the Asian, picking up a mic and potentially making a fool of themselves doesn't seem to be much of a hindrance.

another example, that is a very interesting cover:

truth is, it is a small hobby of mine to surf YouTube and check out the great tallent that is on there.... that said there are some very big flops too.

Edited by Dakhar

yes it really amazes me too. If one was to spend the time, one will discover there are a lot of folks on YouTube like Sheena Melwani, that do eventually get signed, and they really "are not top notch."

an example of this would be:

Now I am not saying she is horrid, but Sheena is by far more tallented.

But Sheena may be too much of a political "hot potato" for some. She is not the typical "vanilla white" that seems to be the color of choice for female singers in the music industry.

Here is an interview with her.

http://indiglow.tv/sheena-melwani-interview/

In the past, I have coresponded with her via e-mail regarding our custom IEMs and she seems like a great gal.

In my opininion she has all the ingredients needed to "go big."

Those girls on that video link called Kalloboration 9 are also very tallented, and I get a kick out of that one Asian girl that sings with a Southern Accent. Believe it or not, a lot of the Vietnamese have southern accents because the live a long the Texas, Lousianna border. They are the second/third generations being raised by shrimpers.

yes it really amazes me too. If one was to spend the time, one will discover there are a lot of folks on YouTube like Sheena Melwani, that do eventually get signed, and they really "are not top notch."

an example of this would be:

Now I am not saying she is horrid, but Sheena is by far more tallented.

But Sheena may be too much of a political "hot potato" for some. She is not the typical "vanilla white" that seems to be the color of choice for female singers in the music industry.

Here is an interview with her.

http://indiglow.tv/sheena-melwani-interview/

In the past, I have coresponded with her via e-mail regarding our custom IEMs and she seems like a great gal.

In my opininion she has all the ingredients needed to "go big."

Those girls on that video link called Kalloboration 9 are also very tallented, and I get a kick out of that one Asian girl that sings with a Southern Accent. Believe it or not, a lot of the Vietnamese have southern accents because the live a long the Texas, Lousianna border. They are the second/third generations being raised by shrimpers.

I would sign her pronto, if I had a recording studio or record label.

Perhpas you could pass on my email addy to her anyway...what a spunk :)

Yes, I think Sheena as a potential investment is a "slam dunk."

Who knows, maybe the music industry is treating artists like Da Bears does with the diamond industry. IE artificially keeping supply low.

I mean really, just spend some time on YouTube and you will see tons of tallent.... and this is just plum crazy to watch a dried up crack ho make a "come back album."

No names mentioned.... but she had her day, her talent is gone, washed up, poof

I lived in Taiwan, and that little island produced a lot of 15min. of fame talent because the artists would get famous, go do their army time, and by the time they got out, another talent was on the market.

So you always saw new blood in the music industry.