Beer Is Making Fat!

junki3korean

My best friend beer is finally taken a toll on the belly! the girlfriends not happy either....I`m only 22 :D

I love beer and have no intensions to stop drinking the gold liquid...but I do need to slow down and switch to Low carb beer...

My question does lower carb beers really make a big difference? or is like lower milli cigarettes? still does damage??

Pure blonde is goood :D

The other night I was having a beer before dinner and my girlfriend ask, "If you can choose only one, BEER or ME which one?"

I looked at her and then the can of Heineken in my hand took a mouthful and said YOU! :D:D:):D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not only the carbs in there that make you fat alcohol does it too and it lowers your testosterone levels and that also makes you fat. Alcohol itself also has carbs and so low carb beers are not as low carb as they say but of course lower then a normal beer.

3500 extra calories give you 1 pound extra weight. Do the math on how many beer you drink. I love beer but rarely drink it, when I did in america I drank Amstel Light which is the only low calorie, carb beer I found that tastes like beer, unfortunately they don't have it here. If you must drink beer your low carb, low calorie is the best of a bad idea.

i think you can take red wine it is healthy & good for heart.

I know i am looking like crazy giving you different idea all of a sudden but try it, it is really very good i take red wine every day.

hi, thanks for your input optim.

I do enjoy red wine but its not something that I enjoy say eating som tam or something spicy or hot.

In hot weathers eating hot food in need a nice cold beer......

You could always switch to cats piss. That is pretty much what Heineken (and out of a can it must be even worse) :D

Also your 2 1/2 laps of the pool would leave you in the middle treading water. Do this long enough and your bound to lose some weight. :)

EDIT: I just noticed what forum this thread was in. Probably not appropriate - The I'm too fat forum would probably be better???

Edited by chiliwasabi

Normal beer doesn't really have that high a carb content in the first place. It is the alcohol content which is the main contributor in weight gain from beer.

Really? doesn`t yeast make people fat???

I`m a skinny guy never had a weight problem just that my stomachs really popping out now....just how bad will look in 10 years?? I`d imagine i`ll look 6 months pregnant.....

You could always switch to cats piss. That is pretty much what Heineken (and out of a can it must be even worse) :D

Also your 2 1/2 laps of the pool would leave you in the middle treading water. Do this long enough and your bound to lose some weight. :D

EDIT: I just noticed what forum this thread was in. Probably not appropriate - The I'm too fat forum would probably be better???

Hey chilli,

it was what was left over from a BBQ! usually on the Changs and in Australia on the NEW....

Treading water?? I climbed out from the side :)

No not really.....half and half mate as drinking to much has led to my big beer gut....and I`m not have just big bellied!

Edited by junki3korean

Normal beer doesn't really have that high a carb content in the first place. It is the alcohol content which is the main contributor in weight gain from beer.

I`m a skinny guy never had a weight problem just that my stomachs really popping out now....just how bad will look in 10 years?? I`d imagine i`ll look 6 months pregnant.....

If you're only 22 and you have a beer belly, you don't exercise, and you love beer, you WILL get not only a bigger beer belly but you will get fat.

I know. I love beer.

These are one of the things in life that we cannot have both ways.

You either drink less (cut back) and increase exercise, or you just be sedentary, keep drinking as much beer and become fat all around with a beer belly.

If you're only 22 and you have a beer belly, you don't exercise, and you love beer, you WILL get not only a bigger beer belly but you will get fat.

I know. I love beer.

These are one of the things in life that we cannot have both ways.

You either drink less (cut back) and increase exercise, or you just be sedentary, keep drinking as much beer and become fat all around with a beer belly.

Have to agree with this post, you either cut down on drinking or start exercise. But it will be real hard to burn of the calories from a session of beer drinking. Its better to cut down on your intake.

Alternatively you could accept you get fat from it and find a gf who you pay and doesnt mind it.

Cutting down is the best option for me. I tried the gym 3 times a week for 2 months - with a slight reduction in alcohol intake. My weight stayed about the same.

I more or less cut out alcohol for one month and my weight dropped 5 kg, and my belly visibly reduced in size - and thats without going to the gym.

For most people, if you don't want the gut don't drink the beer to excess !!

I state 'most' people because we all know a few guys who are over 40, drink alcohol like a fish and remain slim !! Am I jealous or what ! ??

Cutting down is the best option for me. I tried the gym 3 times a week for 2 months - with a slight reduction in alcohol intake. My weight stayed about the same.

that's because muscle is heavier than fat.

Also true but you dont really burn huge amounts of calories by working out even if you do it real intense. Its hard to loose fat without also doing something about the intake of food.

Heineken is around 48 calories per 100ml so take 2 big bottles of 600 ml and you get a whopping 576 calories. You have to have a real long workout to burn that. And then you just burned those 2 beers your not even burning fat that you want to loose.

So IMHO its a combination of a workout and controlling intake.

i think you can take red wine it is healthy & good for heart.

I know i am looking like crazy giving you different idea all of a sudden but try it, it is really very good i take red wine every day.

hi, thanks for your input optim.

I do enjoy red wine but its not something that I enjoy say eating som tam or something spicy or hot.

In hot weathers eating hot food in need a nice cold beer......

Welcome & thanx you liked it but you can do yoga also it will also help you to reduce our belly.

You live in Thailand and a bit of a belly is no big deal with the girls, actually read somewhere it was a sign of wealth or something . if its just a pot belly you will survive . Obese is a different story. I drink sang mig light and its done nothing for my belly but love the taste

You live in Thailand and a bit of a belly is no big deal with the girls, actually read somewhere it was a sign of wealth or something . if its just a pot belly you will survive . Obese is a different story. I drink sang mig light and its done nothing for my belly but love the taste

No WAY man, woman need an sixpack :D ....

Just joking :) , but yeah beer makes you fat, because you drink large quantities of the stuff. But drinking the spirits, won't make you much fat, but kills the organs way quicker than beer ( only if you take straight shots, not mixing )

O.k Friday night......BEER and Pizza at work.....**sighz** after reading the last post from *robblok* I decide to have only one slice and one beer....

Dammm!.....The beer was going down well and the pizza was extra saucy and crispy yesterday...So i have another slice with my beer which only had about a quater left in her....after the second slice of pizza, I need a cigarette!!! Killing the last corner of my corona bottle I decided to go for another to enjoy with my cigarette.. I hadn`t even finished my smoke and another beer had been consumed...by this time I`m loosen up enough not to think about this topic or my gut...

I enjoy another watching the football and go home where my girlfreind is waiting for me to go out for dinner.... We go out to the Pub and eat steak....Girlfriends clueless I`d already had few beers so I`m allowed to smash some more, ended up have 5 schooners...2 before the steak, 1 with the steak and 2 after.....

We leave and wait for a cab....Suddenly I had a Epiphany about Thaivisa,Beer, my gut, and fitness I decided to walk home for some exercise :)

how am i going to cut down?? I LOVE BEER....

Edited by junki3korean

The girls that i have spoken with here in Thailand don't like pot bellies or fat guys. These are of course not the "hey hansum man" girls you can find around, these like fat.. but preferably a fat wallet. Of course there are always exceptions but im talking general speaking.

You are right it is a sign of wealth but not in Thailand i believe some island in the South Pacific.

Edited by robblok

O.k Friday night......BEER and Pizza at work.....**sighz** after reading the last post from *robblok* I decide to have only one slice and one beer....

Dammm!.....The beer was going down well and the pizza was extra saucy and crispy yesterday...So i have another slice with my beer which only had about a quater left in her....after the second slice of pizza, I need a cigarette!!! Killing the last corner of my corona bottle I decided to go for another to enjoy with my cigarette.. I hadn`t even finished my smoke and another beer had been consumed...by this time I`m loosen up enough not to think about this topic or my gut...

I enjoy another watching the football and go home where my girlfreind is waiting for me to go out for dinner.... We go out to the Pub and eat steak....Girlfriends clueless I`d already had few beers so I`m allowed to smash some more, ended up have 5 schooners...2 before the steak, 1 with the steak and 2 after.....

We leave and wait for a cab....Suddenly I had a Epiphany about Thaivisa,Beer, my gut, and fitness I decided to walk home for some exercise :)

how am i going to cut down?? I LOVE BEER....

Great post, in the end you should just do what you like. You should live your life the way you like it. Some like to keep in shape others like to get drunk. Either is good as long as you have fun doing it. I am a gym rat now but if i did not like doing it or had no fun doing it i would not be able to keep it up.

You just always have to see what is important for you at a given time in the future you can always quit and work it off if you like.

Switch to my preferred drink of choice white rum and coke zero or pepsi max. Actually doesn't taste too bad and very little chance of a hangover with low sugar content. If you want better taste in the mix 1/3 coke and 2/3 diet coke.

If this doesn't work vodka and coke.

If you drink enough you will forget about beer. :)

Switch to my preferred drink of choice white rum and coke zero or pepsi max. Actually doesn't taste too bad and very little chance of a hangover with low sugar content. If you want better taste in the mix 1/3 coke and 2/3 diet coke.

If this doesn't work vodka and coke.

If you drink enough you will forget about beer. :D

All alcohol is going to make you fat if you are eating crap like pizza to excess and not getting adequate exercise. Alcohol can't be stored in the body and as a result, your body will give it priority over all other things for energy production in the body. So basically when alcohol is present in your body there will be a reduction in the number of fat calories you burn. Also, alcohol can increase your appetite (and lower your testosterone levels for up to 24 hours after you finish drinking :) ). Additionally, although alcohol such as spirits has no carb content they are still very high in calories. Alcohol contains 7.1 Calories per gram, where carbs only contain 4 calories per gram. So a lot of alcohol use will largely increase your calorie intake and what is not burnt will be stored as body fat.

Having said that, I do enjoy a vodka with 50/50 of pepsi max and sugar free lemonade with a generous squeeze of lemon.