Travel From Krabi To Koh Muk Emerald Cave

adette9

Hey!

Im from South Africa and will be bringing a bugdet traveling group of about 10 people to Thailand in December. I want to stay in Krabi and want to visit Koh Muk Emerald cave for one day. Can anyone please tell me what will be the best travel to Emerald cave?

If you suggest that we stay somewere else, im open for suggestions. (I love Krabi! :-)

You have to stay on Koh Lanta or one of the islands off Sikao (i.e. Koh Ngai). There are also tours offered from Pak Meng Pier in Sikao. It is too far to reach from Ao Nang, unless you charter a speed boat. Please take into account, as a swimmer you can only enter during low tide. In December mid day lows will be from the 10th to 13th and 24th to 29th. You have to swim through a tunnel about 80 m in length.

• 2 weeks later...

There are many many '4 island snorkeling trips' and such on offer from Koh lanta, most of which include the Emerald cave and a nice lunch on the beach at Koh Kradan (with all the ohter boats (not many by Phuket or Phi Phi standards, but a lot by Lanata ones). People can also opt to get off and stay at one of the islands they visit.

You can go on one of the bigger ferry type boats, or a smaller speed boat.

After living there 2 years, my and the Thai bf finally went on one last year when a mate was visiting us (she organised it), and we thought it was lovely.

She booked us with via the travel agent on the corner of the mains treets in Saladan, opposite the police box. They picked us up in a cr and took us to the boat at Klong Dao, which then stopped at various beaches on the way south to pick up others.

Went to 4 different islands and back through the mangroves to see the monkeys.

Dropped us off at the Swedish Resturant Pier opposite our appt.

Was lovely day out.

have fun