Aussie Carrier Launches Phuket Service

george

Aussie carrier launches Phuket service

PHUKET CITY: -- Australian long-haul carrier V Australia yesterday announced Phuket as one of its two new destinations, with direct flights to the island from Brisbane and Melbourne set to begin later this year.

Twice weekly flights to Phuket from Brisbane will begin on November 22, while once weekly flights from Melbourne will begin on December 3.

As part of its publicity campaign, the carrier is offering one-way tickets to Phuket from AUS$399 (10,870 baht), including taxes and surcharges.

Virgin Blue Airlines Group chief executive Brett Godfrey said V Australia would be the only airline to offer direct flights from Brisbane and Melbourne to Phuket.

V Australia, a member of the Virgin Blue Airlines group, was launched in February this year.

The airline is soon to take delivery of its fourth Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, configured in a three-class configuration.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2009-08-18

V Australia is Virgin, another crap no-frills airline like Jetstar and AirAsia. No seat space, hire a movie, pay for drinks and meals IF you can find an attendant.

Some very good deals from Malaysia $788 AUD return and Singapore at the moment.

Look around, don't fly crap airlines, and enjoy your flight.

V Australia is Virgin, another crap no-frills airline like Jetstar and AirAsia. No seat space, hire a movie, pay for drinks and meals IF you can find an attendant.

Could'nt agree more Bob. I took the family back to Aust in May.

Paid a bit extra. But we all had an enjoyable flight.

Centainly well worth it !

I always enjoyed my flights on "crap airlines" such as AirAsia (which, for example, will soon deliver me one-way from Bangkok to Melbourne for around 4500 Baht incl. all Taxes and baggage fees.....).

if you are happy to pay 5.000-8.000 Baht more for a drink and a hot meal, then ok, it's all up to you.

smart traveller that you are :)

Going down to Penang on a visa run I once took the bus from Phuket to Had Yai, 8 hours 270 baht. On the way back I spent the night at the King's Hotel in Had Yai and then flew to Phuket on Thai, 40 minutes, 740 baht. And yes, I got a hot coffee and breakfast.

Pay your money, take your choice......