Work Socks

gazzasore

Hi Jumparound

not at this stage just seeing if there is anywhere to buy

There is a slim chance of a job in Lao so may need some

I have about 20 pairs of socks in Aussie haven't been back since I lost my job in January

Dave the Dude you like Corro do you?

Thanks everyone for your input

Gaz

Hi Jumparound

not at this stage just seeing if there is anywhere to buy

There is a slim chance of a job in Lao so may need some

I have about 20 pairs of socks in Aussie haven't been back since I lost my job in January

Dave the Dude you like Corro do you?

Thanks everyone for your input

Gaz

No, F***ing hate it!

I have had a big problem in the sock department. The cheapos that Big C and Tesco sell make my feet sweat and they last about 2 weeks before wearing out. The best socks I have found here are made by "Arrow". 295 baht for 3 pair and well worth the money.

Okay it was in Roi-Et, but a market vendor just inside Tesco Lotus was doing 5 pairs for 100 Baht. Really good quality, I've got size 11 (UK) feet.

Just need to keep an eye out and when you do find them stock right up.

As I retired in May this year and my normal attire is shirt, shorts and jandals I have great difficulty in understanding both work and socks.

Could someone please enlighten me? :)

Sure we will be happy to to enlighten you. First can you clarify? What's are jandals? :D

As I retired in May this year and my normal attire is shirt, shorts and jandals I have great difficulty in understanding both work and socks.

Sure we will be happy to to enlighten you. First can you clarify? What's are jandals? :D

He is a Kiwi. I spent 30 years in NZ but now Oz. In Oz they are thongs. Sandal type thing with a strap that goes between the toes and back over each side of the foot, nothing else. Very comfortable but can cause problems when running at high speed or when wet. :-) Also treacherous in mud - I have lost a few in deep mud. Not sure what work means tho'. Been retired for 5 years. Work may be putting out the trash (rubbish) (garbage) etc etc. I'll check the online dictionary

Edited by Altos

He is a Kiwi. I spent 30 years in NZ but now Oz. In Oz they are thongs. Sandal type thing with a strap that goes between the toes and back over each side of the foot, nothing else. Very comfortable but can cause problems when running at high speed or when wet. :-) Also treacherous in mud - I have lost a few in deep mud. Not sure what work means tho'. Been retired for 5 years. Work may be putting out the trash (rubbish) (garbage) etc etc. I'll check the online dictionary

Actually I am a Pom but I have spent my last working year in NZ.

Jandals was one thing I picked up and the other phrase which I found most useful was

Yeah, right

I means many things depending on the context it is used in.

An example

I am a multi-millionaire

Yeah, right

NZ is a beautiful country with more sheep than people, however like Thailand the majority of people are friendly and the food is OK there too.

Edited by billd766

• 2 weeks later...