Entry after deportation

Im looking for some one who knows quite a bit about thai immigration/deportation rules and laws. I was deported from Thailand in nov 2002, because i had a thai exit stamp missing from the Chiang Kong, Huay Xai border.

I now want to go back to SE Asia, but im not sure if i should avoid Thailand altogether. I spent a week in prison in bangkok cause of this, so im sure you understand my nervousnes. There would be at least 6 months between deportation and re entry date, if that matters.

I just want to know whats the procedure with blacklists, who i should speak to (embassy?) etc ... I dont want to get sent home again upon arrival in Bangkok, or from any of the malaysian, cambodian or lao borders.

Anyone who's got any info or experience, pls let me know

thanks!

Stef

Stef24, Welcome to Thailand Expat Forum.

Have you applied for a visa at your nearest Thai Consulate or Thai Embassy? If you are blacklisted (Persona Non Grata) you will not be given a visa, and you will not be allowed entry into Thailand.

so if i contact the thai embassy here in belgium, they will be able to access this shitlist and see if i am on it?

what i am scared of is that they tell me its all ok, but the immigration officer in bkk will have a different view of things.

when i was in IDC, i heard of some people being denied entry for x amount time, and other not being allowed ever again.

Don't ask for access to the PNG-list (Persona Non Grata-list), they will propably not do this check for you.

Just say nothing, apply for a Tourist visa, and see what happens.

There is never any gurarantees, Thai Immigration included.

I assume that you have changed passport since the deportation. What does the red deportation stamp in the old passport say?

i havent replaced the pport yet because here in EU it does not pose a problem

the stamp is all in thai script, and triangular, but there's nothing i can make out of it. maybe ill try scan it in sometime

my reaction would be to ask for the PNG list; I dont want someone in the embassy to overlook things and then get sent back home upon arrival

i dont want to seem fussy, but prison in combination with possibly not being allowed back in, is something i want to avoid at all costs. A guarantee is what im looking for, but i realise it will be hard to get one

thanks for info

S

losing the pport is not a problem. But surely they look up pport number (which could change upon renewal of pport) and especially name, which does not change under normal circumstances ... ?

i dont want to see the list - i just want to be 100% sure that i wont get shafted again over nothing. It seems to be hard to get that guarantee.

But surely they look up pport number (which could change upon renewal of pport) and especially name, which does not change under normal circumstances ... ?

I was refused a visa on my old passport from a UK Thai consulate due to a couple of previous overstays.  I 'lost' the passport, got a new one (with new number) and reapplied.  No problem.  2 entry tourist good for 4 months.

Generally occasional overstays don't stop you getting a new visa.  Some Consulate's consider persistent overstays to be  indicative of a don't care attitude...... and they'll decline to issue a visa at all.

Be aware that some countries take a most negative view of overstays elsewhere and it is not unknown for people with a bad record like that being declined entry to third  countries. The UK and US are sometimes known to get stroppy.

As previously said dunk your old passport,get a haircut (honest no insult intended) collar and tie photo job,and pick up a new European PP.A quick visit down to R.T.E. in South Ken.for a the Visa (new photos=smiles) and you should be Sabai-sabai...good luck  :o