ติงต๊อง Ting Tong

Eastender

omg, I thought "Ting Tong" was cute. My friend said my Thai sounds Ting Tong. What does that mean? :o

it can be used as cute, in some families,,, forget to do something 'ting tong' ; child puts shoes on wrong feet 'ting tong sweetie';; kid jumping on the couch.. 'stop being ting tong'

can be cute or silly, or crazy we rarely say it in anger, though sometimes.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ting Tong !! It meanin crazy. some time your are confused, and forgot some things ,can say I am Ting -Tong :o

I was having a massage at the airport and there was a lot of female groaning and moaning from the next cubicle. There was some Thai chit chat between the two girls and a lot of laughter. When i asked my girl what was funny she said (about her friend) "She have ting tong (or ding dong or something similar" ) . I took it to mean something sexual like "she came ". I asked someone else (bar girl) who looked embarrased and couldnt explain it in english but said it was"sex word".

So i'm wondering if there is another slang meaning here that makes this offensive in polite society as crazy isnt that offensive even to poilte Thais.

This site was the only reference i could find to the phrase.

crazy to play in the rain but fun, crazy to have mud fight and messy, crazy to lock keys in car and a dilemna, crazy to go at someone with a knife...

same/same 'ting tong', different if said with a 'laugh' or a 'scream'

• 4 months later...