Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It follows Howard, Louise and Tim, who help the police deal with holidaymakers unfamiliar with the country’s traditions, culture and rules. Situations range from drug busts to organised tourist scams, scorned lady-boys, violent brothel disputes, bar-room brawls, brutal murders, street robberies and sexual assaults.

lol.. Sounds like a good advert for Thailand. :)

One featured story is that of a 19-year-old Cumbrian girl whose two-week holiday with her boyfriend turned into a two-and-a-half month stretch after she was caught in possession of cannabis at one of the infamous Full Moon parties in Koh Phangan.

will they explain 'paying ' the police will let you off with the crime :)

Yes, I am one of 3 main characters in the program (which is still being filmed by the way!).

Finally people will see what we REALLY do, which is very different to the BS written on chat forums.

It follows the Tourist Police around Thailand, but the main "action" comes from Pattaya.

I actually think that the program is a great advert for Thailand (the crime side is nothing you wouldn't see in any other tourist city). The camera teams have gone around Thailand to show the UK audience the beauty of Thailand which is a big part of the series.

It is filmed in a very "funky" way as it is on a channel which targets young guys.

I have seen rough cuts of the show and it looks good.

Yes, I am one of 3 main characters in the program (which is still being filmed by the way!).

Finally people will see what we REALLY do, which is very different to the BS written on chat forums.

It follows the Tourist Police around Thailand, but the main "action" comes from Pattaya.

I actually think that the program is a great advert for Thailand (the crime side is nothing you wouldn't see in any other tourist city). The camera teams have gone around Thailand to show the UK audience the beauty of Thailand which is a big part of the series.

It is filmed in a very "funky" way as it is on a channel which targets young guys.

What other cities are in it, or do you know yet?

Im not sure if ANY programme that shows people being locked up in Thailand is good for tourism !

might be a good show but your comment to see what we really do is ludicrous. you will be good boys when you know the camera is rolling. lets have someone follow you with a camera without your knowledge and see if we get the same movie. I seem to remember a guy sitting on a stool filming you and "oh boy"

Is this about the pretend Police?

Another chance for them to big note themselves on TV as that's all I've ever seen them doing in real life.

Then maybe you would like to volunteer and show us all, how it should be done!!! (ex volunteer from Udon Thani)

Another chance for them to big note themselves on TV as that's all I've ever seen them doing in real life.

Then maybe you would like to volunteer and show us all, how it should be done!!! (ex volunteer from Udon Thani)

This is going the wrong way!

I agree with the pretend Police comment......is'nt it funny that you being an ex volunteer should follow a different

route!

:)

I doubt he would even get through the Police checks and interview process :)

I doubt he would even get through the Police checks and interview process :D

I totally agree!!!!! :)

This is going the wrong way!

I agree with the pretend Police comment......is'nt it funny that you being an ex volunteer should follow a different

route!

:)

Strange....I do not find it funny.......!!

might be a good show but your comment to see what we really do is ludicrous. you will be good boys when you know the camera is rolling. lets have someone follow you with a camera without your knowledge and see if we get the same movie. I seem to remember a guy sitting on a stool filming you and "oh boy"

Big Trouble for Tourists in Thailand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbFAqKpGV8M

Edited by CarlYaz

I do not know why this series would be considered "bad for Thailand"? Reading the promo description;

Situations range from drug busts to organised tourist scams, scorned lady-boys, violent brothel disputes, bar-room brawls, brutal murders, street robberies and sexual assaults.

Seems to me it will be providing some much needed exposure to the farangs that go to Thailand and that cause grief, trouble and encourage crime. It should be entertaining along the lies of Borat. :D Maybe some people will be shown to be the slime that they are and instead of going back home and blaming the Thais for their problems, the truth will come out that they did it all by themselves.

Is the FOX series "Cops" bad for the USA? I don't think too many people watching "Cops" vacation in trailer parks, or crack houses etc. When I watch the best police chases from Australia where the coppers catch a drunk driver that has blown through intersections and lights at high speed, I don't think any less of Australia.

For sure all these series are nicely edited to cut out the part where the cops beat up handcuffed prisoners or are rude, but then they also don't usually show the part where the bad guys abuse the cops or where the cops have to deal with the lowest of the low that seem to be of subnormal intelligence.

I'm looking forward to the series, but then I also like to read Mr. Miller's news stories for the humour it provides with its daily dose of middle eastern and Indian men waylaid by naughty kathoey hookers, or elderly europeans that behave like adolescents with raging hormones when their bargirl leaves them. Pattaya would make a great venue for a Thai version of Cops. :)

Hmmm TV can be a bit over the top with the truth (depends how they edit it)... I just hope they don't pull a fast one because it might be quite embarrassing for thailand. :)

I see nothing wrong with that.Simply being observant,asking why he is filming in such manner.Question was unanswered!!!......Possibility,he was sent over to ask,by his Thai Sergeant......!

We as volunteers receive very little training.acknowledged!

Nothing will be achieved by this attempt to Tarnish a reasonably good reputation.

Volunteers do much more than roaming the streets of Pattaya.

are the volunteers wearing their black paramilitary outfits with attached riot gear in the TV spot? :) they should

be wearing polo shirts and shorts, sorry, but they bring all the negative impressions down upon themselves don't they?

I cannot believe your ignorance.......the uniform design is different in many provinces,we have no say in the design,yet in many cases,we pay for all our equipment.In Udon,the uniform has changed a number of times.I did not see any "riot gear".

Volunteers are allowed to carry a retractable truncheon,handcuffs.....and that is it.They have no powers of arrest,must accompany a Thai Tourist Police officer when on duty.Any intervention on behalf of volunteers,would require a a please assist from a serving officer.

May i suggest you tag along and see what abuse you cop from some drunken tourists.To far gone to care.

Paramilitary outfits..........rubbish!!!!

Seems to me your stirring the pot!!!!!!

Edited by Udonfarang52

you admit you have no powers of arrest but yet you carry a truncheon and handcuffs? for what? :) i don't doubt

many of you are noble-minded and have your heart in the right place about this but unfortunately this type of volunteering

often attracts exactly the wrong kind of people who get ah......confused about what their actual role is when in uniform.