Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only question I'd actually like answered is about Paul Harrison. What exactly happened to him after his pepper spray incident?

There was a bit written about this back in March of this year, around the time of the incident, by one of the Pattaya Daily news Staff (see comment 49, here).

To summarize, it appears the katoey agreed to drop the charges after Paul Harrison paid them 500 Baht a piece.

Edited by katana

Katana,

You forgot to mention the comment was in Thai :)

Anyway.. coutesy of Google Translate here it is inEnglish.... In a wierd sort of way....

This latest group of hermaphroditic early release into the complaint with journalists. Sp. Pattaya has been doing volunteer foreign language is thick. Sp. Pattaya. Paul is a friend of the ID card holder and mobile phone holder of hermaphroditic this group.

The hermaphroditic this group that harass and persecute them a hermaphrodite in this group. But journalists have to take a look at mobile rebate. The ID card is not returned. Also hermaphrodite group says. Cases that occurred was when Paul was Paul attack the threats that are not in Pattaya. Hermaphroditic and this group is afraid of Paul is to pay people to finish cases ล่ะ 500 baht.

Hermaphroditic this group that allow it to be assault because of fear that threatened the western volunteers varied as the city's non-western city of Thais.

While that person is not a hermaphrodite หรอ. Not that all hermaphroditic trait bad habits will be the same people that are good.

Edited by taffylee

On a more positive note: I still think the female TPVs were presented in a very positive manner. Caring, compassionate and helpful. Compared to the guys with a fondness for physical intervention, the women used their interpersonal skills. Ok, sure one can say, look at the drunken slobs the male TPVs in Pattaya have to deal with, and they get stuck with it 24/7. Well, I don't know how the lady TPVs at the full moon party kept from slapping some of those drugged out kids. They get stuck as surrogate mothers for the night and the little puker ravers are beligerent, obnoxious and rude. That's certainly a good reason for a curb stomp, and yet the ladies remained calm.

I guess its already been said before, but what we saw in the show was a condensed version of hours and hours of footage. It takes a few days of rolling with a squad car to get the 5 minute segments for the FOX Cops show segments, so I would expect that the Pattaya cameraman got stuck with some boring nights watching and waiting for something interesting. As bad as the jet ski scams are in patong, in all the years of taking my strolls, I haven't once come upon a serious confrontation. Loud arguments, yes, but no guns and no beatings. I haven't even seen a TPV on Bangla getting physical, so I reckon the show should be taken within the context of adult entertainment.

PS: For such a crappy show - it certainly seems to have hooked the people in here and caused some excitement. Seems to me it did what it was intended to do: Entertain and even inform.

According to an email forward, Pattayaman71 and Whistleblower are actually the same person mailing from different IPs, the source is Pattaya Ghost.

"The Pattaya Ghost has it in for Gavin Hill and especially the Tourist Police Volunteers after a run in concerning non-payment of a 1,000+ baht bill at a Pattaya go-go last March".

you still havent apologised for accusing me of pm ing you. i didnt and we are not the same people. I did love his video though.

Well said geriatrickid ... yep, 82 pages and still going strong. Educate, inform ... and promote. From the comments on You Tube viewers of Big Trouble In Thailand, most of them young, will be beating - perhaps literally :) - a path to Thailand's door. They may not be in TAT's target group just yet, but we all grow old and first impressions count. Aside from BTIT what other British TV series has showcased Thailand in recent years? In the end, as BTIT has shown, all publicity is good publicity. I first visited Thailand in 1995 and the series hasn't told me anything about Thailand I didn't already know. "Ladies and Gentlemen - a big hand for BTIT ..." cue half-hearted applause.

whistleblower - yes. Vera Productions chose not to include the Thais' rights of reply. Not for any sinister reason I don't think - but because most of the Thai police chiefs and prison governors speak Thai and neither Vera nor Virgin think Bravo viewers can read subtitles. And their attention span isn't held by actors' voices, so they switch over to ITV2 or More4 where they don't pull any clever stunts like that either. whistleblower - give Howard a rest and start directing your energy at the the sort of TV the British so obviously deserve. Ho-hum - it's your money you pay to the BBC, regardless of whether your watching Bravo or Strictly Come Dancing. Distracted and misdirected energy - it's the problem with Britain today. Finally, the TV I've been making for years has had the desired effect. Their brains have turned to jelly. BTITmaker was on record long before 'Big Trouble In Thailand': 'Quality TV - My Part In Its Downfall'. http://www.business.mmu.ac.uk/newsandevent...s.php?uref=2041

please correct me if i am wrong.

you came up with the idea of BTIt (although a different name), you got commissioned to film it, then the bastards edited in a way you dissaproved of, now you are saying (in your posts to me) its trash tv? have i got that right?

According to an email forward, Pattayaman71 and Whistleblower are actually the same person mailing from different IPs, the source is Pattaya Ghost.

"The Pattaya Ghost has it in for Gavin Hill and especially the Tourist Police Volunteers after a run in concerning non-payment of a 1,000+ baht bill at a Pattaya go-go last March".

ThaiEye - I've had good dealings with the ghostly one and I don't think he'd be that cheap - pursuing a vendetta over a measly 1,000 Baht??!! I think you've got the wrong man ... sorry, spirit.

Are you sure? Go, check the Ghost's RSS Feed and his friend in propaganda arms, Talen. That 1,000 baht wasn't actually Ghosts'. it was a friend of his down on Soi 6, that he is tossed off with.

i can tell you for sure we are not the same person!!! i'm in bangkok and havent been to pattaya for about 9 years. dont believe me? pm dave boo, just picked up a childs playpen from him. Thai eye, are you one of those i used to work for MI5 type of guys??? If you are your informants are wrong!!!

whistleblower - yes. Vera Productions chose not to include the Thais' rights of reply. Not for any sinister reason I don't think - but because most of the Thai police chiefs and prison governors speak Thai and neither Vera nor Virgin think Bravo viewers can read subtitles. And their attention span isn't held by actors' voices, so they switch over to ITV2 or More4 where they don't pull any clever stunts like that either. whistleblower - give Howard a rest and start directing your energy at the the sort of TV the British so obviously deserve. Ho-hum - it's your money you pay to the BBC, regardless of whether your watching Bravo or Strictly Come Dancing. Distracted and misdirected energy - it's the problem with Britain today. Finally, the TV I've been making for years has had the desired effect. Their brains have turned to jelly. BTITmaker was on record long before 'Big Trouble In Thailand': 'Quality TV - My Part In Its Downfall'. http://www.business.mmu.ac.uk/newsandevent...s.php?uref=2041

you came up with the idea of BTIt (although a different name), you got commissioned to film it, then the bastards edited in a way you dissaproved of, now you are saying (in your posts to me) its trash tv? have i got that right?

Yeah its just light entertainment. Aimed at an average concentration span of less than 10 minutes I reckon.

500 Baht for pepperspraying a ladyboy, that's good value..

Now, I have 5000 Baht in my Wallet.... That's 10 Ladyboys I can spray tonight..

dam_n, No Pepperspray!

My friend Paul could help you out there.

Again another sterling answer from uncle fester. no addressing the real questions that have been posed to you then? Just make a joke of it. Boys club through and through!

BTIT maker. 200hrs of filming 400+ hours defending a show that you now condemn. total balls up dont you think?? good luck in your fight for your quest for improving uk tv. shame you didnt have that epiphany before you started filming BTIT.

Yeah its just light entertainment. Aimed at an average concentration span of less than 10 minutes I reckon.

then why did you agree to film it?

then why did you agree to film it?

So you used to TVPs for light entertainment then? by admitting the audience are a bunch of numskulls, surely your subjects in the show were unaware/aware? of the target audience??

" hey guys , wanna be in a tv show where the people who watch it are idiots?" "yeah, yeah, let me put my Fascist shirt on first though!"

So you used to TVPs for light entertainment then? by admitting the audience are a bunch of numskulls, surely your subjects in the show were unaware/aware? of the target audience??

" hey guys , wanna be in a tv show where the people who watch it are idiots?" "yeah, yeah, let me put my Fascist shirt on first though!"

Leaving aside the TPV's it sees to me that most of the people featured in the show would be representative of their target audience.

So BTITT maker, what are you working on now? I agree with you on the tv thing, the uk press is bad enough. Pages and pages of what reality "star' did this week etc. Is it safe for u now in thailand?

whistleblower - I'm working on bringing standards, integrity and ethics back into morally bereft British TV. Seriously. I'm trying to make the world a better place for TV viewers - one where mentally ill people aren't figures of fun and ridicule (Cowell's Idol series), where we can trust - at least to some reasonable extent - what we see.

As to Thailand, I think it's as safe for me there as anyone else. The Thais have been watching this situation very closely - the Thai ambassador to the UK has even been involved. They know where the truth lies. I would, however, make a very convenient scapegoat. But faced with where to put my faith and trust - Richard Branson's Virgin Media or Rory Bremner's Vera productions? The Thai authorities would be my choice. Every time.

If he hadnt posted this i would have agreed with you!!!

Leaving aside the TPV's it sees to me that most of the people featured in the show would be representative of their target audience.

But how can you leave the tvp's aside when they are 70%+ of every episode of your show??

Hi "whistleblower" - yeah, right. Well, at last - got you thinking now, well ... that's a start.

No just because the show's been edited for people with mush for brains, doesn't mean it shouldn't be accurate.

But, you're onto something here ... why DID I agree to film it? Presumably you know the answer.

smokie36 - not the right answer, :) but I have to say it was a highly entertaining four months.

Come on then "whistleblower" - what's the answer?

But how can you leave the tvp's aside when they are 70%+ of every episode of your show??

The viewers want to see the punters not the tourist police. Unless they make an arse of themselves that is! :)

BTW I have no connection with the making of the show.

Hi "whistleblower" - yeah, right. Well, at last - got you thinking now, well ... that's a start.

No just because the show's been edited for people with mush for brains, doesn't mean it shouldn't be accurate.

But, you're onto something here ... why DID I agree to film it? Presumably you know the answer.

smokie36 - not the right answer, :) but I have to say it was a highly entertaining four months.

Come on then "whistleblower" - what's the answer?

I honestly dont know. Thats why I asked you. No offense intended to anyone, but it seems to me this whole thing has gone pear shaped.

You had an idea for a tv show, the producers etc (dont know the tv world) jumped on it and then wanted to sensationalise it. (against your wishes) The organisation heavily featured in the show, thought "yeah im gonna be on tv" and then with expats the whole thing was viewed with sceptism. now, its a case of defending all involved. Your claiming you didnt have creative control etc, the organisation featured have come out looking like a bunch of ill disciplined wannabes, and now you cant turn your backs on each other. So all we are left with is a truck load of unanswered questions/concerns and its a close ranks scenario.

you have been quite open and honest on this thread but others havent, but because you exploited their 'good number' you now feel compelled to defend them.