Playing Football In Bkk

fw1

Just wondered whether anyone plays/knows of where I can play football on a regular basis in BKK. I work late and also have a preference for indoors rather than outdoors. Would rather play with ex-pats (preferably Brits) than Thai's.

Dopey Americans: football is what you call soccer, so no I'm not interested in the NFL.

Thanks.

Just wondered whether anyone plays/knows of where I can play football on a regular basis in BKK. I work late and also have a preference for indoors rather than outdoors. Would rather play with ex-pats (preferably Brits) than Thai's.

Dopey Americans: football is what you call soccer, so no I'm not interested in the NFL.

Thanks.

Hey fw1. There is an expats casual league here in Bangkok. Dont know about indoor football. But we play on the weekends. Either Saturday or Sunday. Depends and either at 3pm or 4.30pm. We are always on the look out for decent players. What position do you play? If you want anymore info then please PM me. If you check out the website somtam.com and goto the casual league part then you can have a look. If you really want to play and at a half decent level. Then i suggest this. The league is made up of expats. German team, Scandinavian team, Japanese, French and many pub teams. You wouldnt be playing with heaps of Thais as the rule is that you can only field 5Thais at one time on your team.

Thanks, I think half-decent is the word I would use to describe myself. I haven't had the opportunity to play much football since I came to Asia some 5 years ago now. Did get a few games in last year though and really enjoyed it. I usually play on the right-side of midfield as I can cross the ball reasonably well. Now that I'm in my mid-thirties I'm obviously not as good as I used to be. Fitness shouldn't be a problem as I go running 6 times a week.

I tend to leave Bangkok at the weekends but would be able to get back for a game on Sunday afternoon. I'm not leaving Bangkok next weekend, so would definately be around for a game if it was happening.

Thanks, I think half-decent is the word I would use to describe myself. I haven't had the opportunity to play much football since I came to Asia some 5 years ago now. Did get a few games in last year though and really enjoyed it. I usually play on the right-side of midfield as I can cross the ball reasonably well. Now that I'm in my mid-thirties I'm obviously not as good as I used to be. Fitness shouldn't be a problem as I go running 6 times a week.

I tend to leave Bangkok at the weekends but would be able to get back for a game on Sunday afternoon. I'm not leaving Bangkok next weekend, so would definately be around for a game if it was happening.

Read my PM and if you fancy it then get in touch.

Read my PM and if you fancy it then get in touch.

Jockstar, check your blog mate.

I can understand you wanting to get a game with the English guys, but the Welsh & Scots. :o

I can understand you wanting to get a game with the English guys, but the Welsh & Scots. :o

For want of avoiding retribution of the pitch I probably shouldn't comment on that.

For want of avoiding retribution of the pitch I probably shouldn't comment on that.

Indeed, "A wise man knows his limitations" Popeye the Sailor Man.

• 7 months later...

It would be great if somebody could give me some information about playing football in Thailand. Im moving to Phuket in December. Im very interested in playing football while im there and possibly even coaching. Im a qualified coach. I would say im of a high standard. I played for Grimsby Town Youth (i expect youll be laughing). I know football is played in Thailand, but im unsure about Phuket.

Please Help!

Many thanks.

Hmmmm ThaiVisa Forum, home of the magnificent Sunbelt ThaiVisa.com football team, and no-one has suggested us yet!!!!

Jockstar and JoJo trying to poach potential players from under our noses. Very, very cheeky people :o

If you want to be part of the future Chelsea of the MBMG league, pm Tytus. We are also playing a friendly tonight. See the Sunbelt ThaiVisa.com Football Club section for details.

ps We are also sponsored by Sunbelt Asia, Subway and O'Briens, so discounts/freebies on their mouth wateringly delicious food is available to you if you come to us!!!