Toyota Smart Key Replacement

tomwct

My Toyota Smart Key's black casing has cracked and I need a new casing and/or key!!! Toyota wants 9,800 baht for a replacement key!!! I contacted a locksmith in USA and they want $129 US Dollars for a new key or $69 US Dollars for a new black casing!!! Anyone know where I can have one made in Thailand???? Thanks

My Toyota Smart Key's black casing has cracked and I need a new casing and/or key!!! Toyota wants 9,800 baht for a replacement key!!! I contacted a locksmith in USA and they want $129 US Dollars for a new key or $69 US Dollars for a new black casing!!! Anyone know where I can have one made in Thailand???? Thanks

I was quoted 1700 baht which then went up to 2500 baht.

Shop around

Toyota sales peole will always use scare tactics when they think they have you by the short and curlies.

I was told if I ever lost my keys the cost would be 100000 baht

I smiled and asked how much a second hand toyota would cost. He smiled also when he saw he was rumbled. But he did not get the deal. He knew he had blown it.

• 9 years later...

Right have had an idea.

I was in Big C this morning and they had a stall selling Key fob covers all different types some in carbon fibre? You just put your old fob into the new cover and your away. You say that your one has the back bit on it that's broken, well just tape it up and you should be fine. Whatever you'll save yourself bundles of cash.

Sorry I couldn't get the price of same as the stall was unattended. But they cant be that expensive few hundred BHT??? 

Edited by fredob43