Speakers 12 oct. and 19 oct.

MekhongKurt

Hi --

I would like to announce the speakers for the meetings of the Expats' Association of Thailand meetings Sunday, October 12th and Sunday, October 19th.

I will be speaking on the 12th about my experiences living/working in and on the edges of The Celestial Empire -- mainland China -- where I lived and worked two times, 1985-1988 and 1999-2000.  I will also bring in my four years in my four years in Macau (a bit west of Hongkong, and in my years still a colony of Portugal) 1990-94.  As I met and married a native of Beijing in that city, I'll touch on the "thrills" of getting married for a foreigner and a native in what was still very much Maoist China.

Association member/Governing Board member James Holt will speak to us on Sunday the 19th about doing business in Thailand and investing offshore.  James is a business consultant advising firms and individuals on such matters, and has years of experience and a lot of practical advice to offer.

We meet every Sunday 3-5 P.M. at the Bourbon Street Restaurant in Washington Square [behind Mambo Cabaret].  The Square is accessible from Sukhumvit Road almost directly opposite Soi 33; it is from that entrance one sees the cabaret.  Alternately, one can enter from Soi 22 directly oppisite the Regency Park Hotel.

All are welcome, and we hope to see you there.

With warm regards,

Kurt T. Francis, Vice-President

Expats' Association of Thailand