Chain Saws

sezzo

Am looking to buy a small chainsaw to help out when making charcoal (Bugger this cross-cut saw caper). I went to a couple of shops in Ubon city and was told that because of the requirement to have a permit (only issued to certain people) that they are unavailable there.

Does anyone know of a shop or place that I can guy one. I will be visiting the local police station today to ensure the legallies of it all.

Im losing too much sweat and weight by using the cross cut saw.

be_happy_prev.gif

Sorry, not meaning to laugh. 1. Why on earth are you doing "the work"? (all that sweat). 2. I remember "way back" asking that question myself. I was told part of the reason not being able to buy a chain saw "over the counter" was a problem with "illegal logging". So even if you tried to bring one in from outside the country, guess you would need "all kinds of permits". Good luck.

Am looking to buy a small chainsaw to help out when making charcoal (Bugger this cross-cut saw caper).  I went to a couple of shops in Ubon city and was told that because of the requirement to have a permit (only issued to certain people) that they are unavailable there. 

Does anyone know of a shop or place that I can guy one.  I will be visiting the local police station today to ensure the legallies of it all. 

Im losing too much sweat and weight by using the cross cut saw.

Hire some-one to do it for you...150 baht a day and not a chance of the chain saw cutting thru an artery. :o

Thanks Diggerbasher I might try that one.

To Ken and Surin, I must be one of the crazy ones that try and do a bit of work myself. Mind you I only do it for about 3 hours then I go rest for the remainder of the work. I usually do pay the locals to do most work but if its within my capabiities I give it a go.

Thanks all for your input