Teaching Jobs In Pattaya

lildragon

Hello

I thought there would be a slew of Teaching jobs in Pattaya but from googling and other research it does not look that way!

Is anyone teaching there now and can advise me on some websites/agencies so I can get started? I realize some of the jobs are 15km or so outside of the town but I have access to a car so thats not a problem.

The internet isn't the best way to find teaching jobs--but it's still worth pursuing. You might want to drop by schools with your resume and contact information and see if they have anything.

It might also be wise to follow up before the October break and again right afterwards. Sometimes teachers just don't return or change jobs after the break.

Best of luck and hopefully some knowledgeable people will respond to your post.

As with other tourist-oriented locations, the 'need' for foreign teachers has been quite thoroughly filled by a willing supply of 'local' foreigners. You'll experience the fewest opportunities and least remunerative ones in such locations. If work is really a priority, locate yourself further out.

The internet isn't the best way to find teaching jobs--but it's still worth pursuing. You might want to drop by schools with your resume and contact information and see if they have anything.

It might also be wise to follow up before the October break and again right afterwards. Sometimes teachers just don't return or change jobs after the break.

Best of luck and hopefully some knowledgeable people will respond to your post.

I will only be able to visit Pattaya on the odd weekends is there a list of schools somewhere?

So there is no real "go to" then for the area? I have seen the text to talk agency on the net but they seem to be the only one.

And to the other poster its preference to stay there.

• 3 weeks later...

English Avenue on Third Road have a contract with several government schools and might be able to find a vacancy for you. Ajarn and Ajarn Job Site are two other agencies with websites offering teaching jobs all over Thailand.

Many schools are now reluctant to hire teachers without a degree.

There's quite a few schools on Sukhumvit that are easy to get to so you could try taking your cv in to them directly.

Rates of pay for teachers don't tend to be great in Pattaya as there are many ex-pats located there.

• 3 weeks later...
It seems that website listings like www.ajarn.com and others dropped off after the whole John Mark Karr incident. Used to see 100's around semester breaks, now only 10-20.

yes, after looking post for jobs are low. you may be right

I have lived in Pattaya and taught English for the last nine years.

If you want to work in Pattaya itself it's likely that you will have to teach children.

There are eleven government schools in Pattaya unimaginatively named Pattaya School Number 1 through Pattaya School Number 11.

The English teaching for these schools in provided by a single language centre and is known to the cogniscenti as the 'Pattaya Schools Project". The last time ECC had the contract they had sixteen teachers at the eleven schools. This number may change slightly but not by much.

As a previous poster has said English Avenue on third road now have this contract so it may be worh popping your head in there to see if they have any vacancies.

As well as the government schools there are a number of private children's schools that hire their teachers directly.

Off the top of my head these are B.E.S.T school, Satit Udomseuksa Acadamy, International School of the Regents, International School of Pattaya, Wuttichot Bilingual School and Aksorn.

The two with the biggest English departments are Satit and Aksorn and so they are probably your best bet. At Satit you need to speak to a Mr. Peter French and at Aksorn you needto speak to Mr. Grant Thoburn.

Pattaya although atourist town is slap bang in the middle of Thailands biggest industrial base and is surrounded by many big industrial estates where there are often corporate contracts to be had.

These companies are serviced by language centres in the Sri Racha, Laem Chabang and Chonburi Areas.

In Laem Chabang, The Laem Chabang School of Engineering despite the misleading name has a busy English department run by a very nice guy called Mr. Anthony Johns (anthonyjohns2112 at hotmail.com).

In Srirracha there are three language centres Success (Mr. Jeffrey Burton jeff at successlanguages.com)), Sirracha International Language Center (Khun Wanraya Kanda srirachals at yahoo.com] ) and ECC (Khun Malika Leelapunt(Sp?). These centers hire teachers on an ad hoc basis for individual conttracts at local company that range from 30 to 90 hours in length with the vast majority of courses being at the lower end of that scale.

In Chonburi English Passport recruit and palce Native English speaking teachers in companies around the area as well. Here you need to get in touch with a Khun Thitikorn Tantiwongcahroen (thitikorn at englishpassport.net

Send me a PM next time you're in Pattaya and will arrange a few introductions for you.

• 2 years later...

Ok i'm going to resurrect this thread...

Where is English Avenue exactly on third road? Can I have some landmarks as I am not to hot on my pattaya Geography.

Also many of the language schools I have popped my head into looking for work have said that it's a bit of a "cowboy" place if you will...

But hey desperate times call for desperate measures!