Internet Service Providers In Ban Chang?

dsprtliving

Hi guys!

I've recently moved to Ban Chang and having some issues with my T.O.T. internet services. The connection fluctuates up and down and has been dropping out completely when i try to use Skype that uses a lot of bandwidth. Do any of you guys have the same issues? I went to the TOT shop on Thursday and the lady behind the counter just sort of shrugged at me and said that it should be working fine. Does anyone in the area use any other service providers? Are there any even available? Any information would be most appreciated! :)

Hi guys!

I've recently moved to Ban Chang and having some issues with my T.O.T. internet services. The connection fluctuates up and down and has been dropping out completely when i try to use Skype that uses a lot of bandwidth. Do any of you guys have the same issues? I went to the TOT shop on Thursday and the lady behind the counter just sort of shrugged at me and said that it should be working fine. Does anyone in the area use any other service providers? Are there any even available? Any information would be most appreciated! :)

I use TOT ADSL in my office just 200 m from Sukhumvit Rd and it works very well - but use Maxnet at my home about 4 km from the highway and the service is up and down. However it was the same when I used TOT at home. There is a lot of luck involved with local cable quality etc. Maybe ask TOT to check the connection from your village o to the main road.

See if Maxnet can provide in your area. I am down on Phayun beach and have the 3Mb 'Indy' service, I was wary of this to start with but it does generally run at over 2Mb even in peak hours. I guess there are less people down here to share with than in the town centre, had it for 3 months now and zero downtime.

Thanks so much for the replies guys! I just went ahead and bit the bullet by purchasing the wireless router from TOT here, and i'm pleased to say that it's now working fine. Seems it was the router I was originally provided with at my village...staff housing and all. The speed still jumps up and down but i'm guessing from what i've heard and your replies that this is something I'll have to get used to here. Thanks again! :)