Immigration Bureau Moves To Chaengwattana Road

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Immigration HQ in Bangkok will move from October 1, 2009.

New address:

Building B,

Bangkok Government Center,

Chaengwattana Road (close to the Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Chaengwattana Road.)

BANGKOK

-- Source: Immigration Bureau

Press Release, More info and map attached (PDF format).

20090825BKK_en.pdf

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that far from apart, map is in thai... i do not even see where is the old and new builiing on that map...

everything moves? just some thing ?

not really clear...

why not cancel that all 90 report shit and save as all some time and money

Building B,

Chaengwattana Road (close to the Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Chaengwattana Road.)

BANGKOK

but what do I tell the taxi driver?? !!!! as far as I remember, chang wattana is a VERY VERY long road!!! what is the address??!!!!

surely there is more to the address than above? coz not every taxi driver is going to know where the bangkokm giovernment centre is!! (let alone understand it in english!)

Dantilley: I'll be happy to try to get there by bus -- I'll send you a trip report in early October. May not be as bad as you think.

Cheers,

I quite often take the bus from Mor Chit BTS to Chaengwattana Road if I am not in the car. It's easy and cheap although the number 52 can be a bit slow and hot at times.

Another option is the train, a local train from Hua Lamphong to Laksi takes 40 minutes and costs 4 baht, follow that with a 10 baht motorbike taxi to the new immigration office and it's a pretty cheap trip!

Edited by Gippy

Building B,

BANGKOK

but what do I tell the taxi driver?? !!!! as far as I remember, chang wattana is a VERY VERY long road!!! what is the address??!!!!

surely there is more to the address than above? coz not every taxi driver is going to know where the bangkokm giovernment centre is!! (let alone understand it in english!)

Have a Thai written it in Thai or tell the driver you want to go to Thor Mor Chaeng Wattana

Google maps, GPS, ask someone. you should not need to be spoon fed everything.

'Spoon-fed' is both apt for some TV members and pretty dam_n insulting for the vast majority of us on this Forum....

Be nice - many peeps have had many probs ref this issue and location over lots of years - myself luckily, not included.

Have a charitable day.

rgdz,

Brewsta

Tell the taxi driver to go to "Big C", Chaengwattana, going from the Big C is only a very short walk across the street and to the left to the new buildings.

I have been told it is behind the new Thai CSI building if you watch CSI. Don't ask me how to say it in Thai. The other map that was on the forum earlier this past month is clearer than the map in Thai today.

I made a U-Turn almost in front of the entrance to the compound around 12 noon today and it was a nightmare with traffic until they finish the flyover from the CAT area to Muang Than Thani. The flyover in the opposite direction to Vipawadi is finished but is used for either direction depending on the time of day and traffic conditions. Today at 12, it was bringing traffic from Vipawadi, both lanes one direction on the flyover. Judging by the construction time, maybe one or two months before they finish.

Hope this helps.

If you know the Ministry of Foreign Affairs then you know where the New Immigration office is.

I notice a lot of people on here asking some stupid questions sometimes, like where can I buy this

or that, half the time it only takes a good look to find something.

The place is so easy to find, why not look at maps of Chaeng Wattana and you will find it. For those

who cannot, then the bus 52 from Victory or the bus 166 over the expressway, as soon as it leaves

the expressway get off and get a motorcyle taxi.

The office is near the MFA and before the Prachacheun turning, coming from Vibhavadi Rangsit.

well said brewsta.

lets not stamp on every one with questions eh?

ef

Cheers EF,

am mightily bored these days of way too many TV (debatable attitude) Whiners wandering willy-nilly round our Woods (neck thereof)....

Have a safe & smiling Thursday, y'hear.

rgdz,

Brewsta

nice thai way to give information in such a short notice... there official website is not even up to date...all still points at the old adress

what happens if you send ur papers with registered mail to the old adress stated, you think it will arrive at the right place ?

or some will blabla that their thai version is up to date? who the hel_l can read thai anyway on this forum

specially immigration bizz is not for thai people but for non-thai

OK - simple questions for the know-it-alls

Is the Bangkok Government Centre before or after the Consular Affairs entrance when coming from the Don Muang - Ayutthaya expressway?

Is it on the same side of Chaeng Wattana? (I am assuming it is from the google map)

Is Building B the big one displayed in photos on the admin-linked brochure/map? (the one with the out-sloping walls) or is it a different building?

If its a different building, is it in front of, to the side (which side), or behind the one in the ophotos on the map/brochure?

These are pretty basic navigation and identification questions that would help a lot of people save a lot of time and frustration, and as they relate to visual identification of the correct building, then it will also help those using taxis or self-driving, but not familiar with the exact building locations on that road (which is an absolute nightmare to attempt U-turns on at any time of day or night except between about 4am and 5am.

Foggy

Some of yours sound bitter.

We should be very happy.

It cannot be worst than Suan Phlu.

As soon as there is a car park, this is the paradise.

I go often there as I have a friend in the area. It cannot be better, honest!

By car / taxi: you have an highway on the left, an highway on the right.

From Morchit / Chatuchak MRT BTS stations, it's only 15 minutes. Maybe less.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Immigration HQ in Bangkok will move from October 1, 2009.

New address:

Building B,

BANGKOK

-- Source: Immigration Bureau

Press Release, More info and map attached (PDF format).

"close to the Department of Consular Affairs"

There's a map in English showing the Department of Consular Affairs at http://www.mfa.go.th/web/143.php which might help get people close enough to Immigration that they can follow the crowd

MAP_TO_NEW_IMMIGRATION_OFFICE__932BA504d01.pdf.tif

Edited by caughtintheact