Immigration Bureau Moves To Chaengwattana Road

I think you will find that Suan Plu only deals with people from neighbouring countries now, ie Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar etc. Everyone else goes to the new location.

Hopefully it'll all be reopening on monday.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you clarify if anything at all can be done at the old suan plu immigration location? ...

A couple of days ago the following notice showed up on the website bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php:

Sunday = Closed

Saturday Open 8.30 - 12.00 a.m

at Immigration Division1 (Soi SuanPlu)

- Counter 6 service for visa extension of Tourist visa,Transit visa, without visa and visa on arrival.

- Counter 7 for Re-entry permit

--

Maestro

Was at C/W today for my extension. Went like a dream! In and out in less than an hour. Much better and better organised than Suan Plu. Actually viewed it as a day out.

^^^

PS

FuM uraFC!!

can you clarify if anything at all can be done at the old suan plu immigration location? ...

A couple of days ago the following notice showed up on the website bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php:

Sunday = Closed

Saturday Open 8.30 - 12.00 a.m

at Immigration Division1 (Soi SuanPlu)

- Counter 6 service for visa extension of Tourist visa,Transit visa, without visa and visa on arrival.

- Counter 7 for Re-entry permit

--

Maestro

I also note this at Featured Services over on the right side:

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php

You could apply an extention stay or a re-entry permit at every checkpoint.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wonder what "every checkpoint" means.

BTW, is Immigration still allowing re-entry permit issuance at Swampy, as they were during last week's shutdown?

Mac

Take the BTS to Mo Chit....down the stairs...taxis abound...the taxi drivers know exactly where to go...about 100baht journey to the site...set aside the good part of a day for travel and processing...dont arrive at 3pm as it simply wont happen.....they have a "help" desk as you walk in to check you have all the right paperwork...photos etc...then the usual queue ticket is issued..take your place in the queue...seems always to be busy...and smile smile smile....the imm girls are a bit abrupt at times but so would I be after the endless day in day out processing that takes place there...but all in all a pleasant experience...no hassles

• 1 month later...

I have to make my first visit to the new immigration office. Just went to the Immigration website to get a map. It is 16 July -- eight and a half months since they moved from Suan Phlu to the new location. The website is still showing the Suan Phlu map and has no notices of the new location.

• 4 months later...

To go to immigration CHAENG WATTANA turn left at the IT CENTER sign when you are on the way to DON MUANG former Bangkok airport.

Then turn left again when you see a Golden place sign and go straight to the end of the street, the last buiding you see (very large one, bigger than a department store) is the one where is the immigration.

If you come by this way you wont see BIG C and Lotus as they are further on the opposite side of the road.

You can't walk from train station and bus stop, as even when you pass the gate of the government complex, the building where you must go is still very far.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just went there on Thursday, taking BTS and taxi.

By BTS, stop at Mo Chit station, then get off at exit no 2.

Go down and waive for a cab, and tell him to go to "To Mo Chaengwattana", that means Immigration Bureau Chaenwattana (or so I was told).

It takes about 30 minutes for me (9am in the morning) and costs about THB 120.

Just in case he doesn't know where it is, tell him Big C Chaengwattana. It should be around there.

I also note this at Featured Services over on the right side:

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php

You could apply an extention stay or a re-entry permit at every checkpoint.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wonder what "every checkpoint" means.

The immigration website uses the term "checkpoint" to refer to immigration offices, ie not border entry points. Can be a bit confusing.

• 2 months later...

The 7 days start on the day you apply for it.

Mine didn't when I applied for it back in 2009, the seven days started at the end of my (then) current permission to stay. I don't know if that is the standard or if an exeption was made.

Sophon

I have seen statements from immigration on one of their websites that the 7 days indeed start when the permission to stay ends. Some immigration offices might indeed give 7 days from end of permision to stay instead of from date of application.

But I consider this to be wrong, as it is a period in which they consider your application for an extension. They would consider it fom the day you apply. But that would be my logic. :ph34r: