Renter's Insurance

phetaroi

Can you explain what you are trying to insure? your apartment? your office space?

Are you insuring agaist natural disasters, theives, fire...etc?

Good question...home renter's insurance. Mostly against theft, but also personal property loss.

You might want to switch this posting to the Insurance forum of Thai Visa. There is a very sad tale of a Australian who rented a house in Phuket where a fire happened. It is worth searching on the news or Phuket forum about how he ended up in jail due to a landlord demanding payment for the damages to a house he RENTED. There is a lot to the tale, but it makes obtaining renters insurance seem sensible in Thailand.

You might want to switch this posting to the Insurance forum of Thai Visa. There is a very sad tale of a Australian who rented a house in Phuket where a fire happened. It is worth searching on the news or Phuket forum about how he ended up in jail due to a landlord demanding payment for the damages to a house he RENTED. There is a lot to the tale, but it makes obtaining renters insurance seem sensible in Thailand.

Yes, the agent mentioned that kind of possibility. Thanks for confirming that it can happen!

I have had QBE house insurance for 5 years. Before I took this out I compared prices and they seemed reasonable and I also posted a question on TV - similar to yours - and the feedback was positive. They are also a large reputable company - so there is some possibility they will not find some obscure reason not to pay out if I need to make a claim :)

http://group.qbe.com/Insurance.html

My house and contents insurance is about 7000 baht, so I suspect for peace of mind you would pay around 3000 baht ?- well worth it in my opinion.

edit: My policy is called Happy Home.

Edited by dsfbrit

• 9 years later...
On 9/4/2009 at 4:06 PM, kamalabob2 said:

9 years later ....... do you have a link to that story please? I'm pretty good with Google after nearly 20 years on the 'net, but can't seem to find it.