Where To Buy Used High End Audio Equipment

misterkeeperofthereef

Hi , i am in Chiang Mai and would like to know if there are any shops that carry used high end audio equipment. I am looking for a power amp 200watt at 8 ohm , a set of crossovers 2,500htz and a set of woofers . The cross over is for a set of JBL 075 tweeters ; the power amp preferably Adcom or Bryston . I would appreciate and suggestions and input . Thanks Mister

post-89021-1252203424_thumb.jpg

Hi

Chiang Mai is not the best place for HIFI enthousiasts...

There is a small shop called ST Audio that does have 2nd hand kits, although I doubt they have any ADCOM Or Bryston in stock ... But you might get lucky . They are located on Manee Nopparat road, in a small dead end street near the Samsung service center ( outer side of the moat between computer plaza and Chang Pheuk gate ) The owner is a very nice chap, he may help you locate what you want or order it from Bangkok . Phone is ( or was ..) 053 218289 .

There is also a little shop in Central Kad Suan Keow who has a few ready made crossover filters on display, I think on the 3rd or 4th floor, not far from the entrance to Central where they sell fridges and fans ( sorry not to be more precise than that ..), he also has some 2nd hand amplifiers imported from Japan ( some are 110 v. ), and speakers kits.

Good luck.

Phil

Edited by pilou

• 1 month later...

No, there is not a wide choice in Chiang Mai for Hifi. For new equipment, besides Power Buy at Kad Suan Keaw and Airport Plaza, there are 2 other shops , CD Green and Conice.

If you know exactly what you want, you can order online on some Bangkok shops sites. It works...

Phil

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Or maybe this would be something?

If you're interested I can hook you up, PM me for details - and it's not me selling.

You have to do the hard work yourself.

The guy wants 45K, but I'm sure it's negotiable. He is in Bangkok.

Adcom 5802 : 2 x 300W

By the way - I bought the 2 x Bryston 4BSST - so they are not available

anylonger, but it must have been a coincidence as the seller lived less

than 100 meters from me.

And these guys might help you with crossovers etc.

http://suvarnabhumiaudio.com/

Good luck!

post-2747-098477300 1278688193_thumb.jpg

Edited by JackA

• 1 year later...
Hello After 2 years I finally found a used Adcom 555 Pro wired 220v complete with Ad com GFA555 preamp for the sum of 18000 baht in mint condition . I am having a set of JBL cabinets built to house the 075 tweeters and a new set of 15 inch woofers . Now i am getting exited (hope the wait was worth it . Mister

These guys are also selling used high end stuff

http://www.hiendoption.com/home/

• 2 weeks later...

I wish there was a 2nd hand online hi-fi store that actually worked. Bigger bonus if it was in English too. Mr Balance built one and got so far, then gave up. Shame, cos I could have got him a fair few sales from it.

I have seen both Adcom and Bryston in Mr Balance (Pantip, Bangkok) a while ago.

• 9 years later...
7 minutes ago, malibukid said:

most expats and a majority of Thai's can not afford it and don't care about good sound quality.  its all about beer and babes for them.  sad but true.  i have to shop abroad.  the few dealer showrooms here are always empty.

Wow, that took you a while to answer!   LOL