Ancestral Pile

thx1138

Hi everyone, I am new to the site! Hello to all members!

I am not new to Isaan, my partner is from Chaiyaphum, married 3 years and settled in UK. We want to build a house in the mubaan, not to settle/retire in, but basically to make a home for my partners Mum and Dad. We have got the land (1 Rai) and land has been raised up to 1m above road etc and left for 12 months to settle. £5000 budget for the house, other additions like perimeter wall can wait. Local labour will be involved and we can also be there when it is constructed to oversee. I have falang friends who have had work done but I am just fishing for info. Thanks!

This is mine being built:

http://www.thaivisa.com/gallery/building-in-issan

It is 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and farang kitchen, altogether 110 m2 excluding car port. Although the total cost was double your budget, take away the external perimeter wall and ironwork (Bht 35,000), the garden (Bht 5,000), the kitchen fittings (Bht 60,000), the curtains and wallpaper (Bht 50,000) and you may get an idea what you could do for the money. However, the house was built 5 years ago.

Hi everyone, I am new to the site! Hello to all members!

I am not new to Isaan, my partner is from Chaiyaphum, married 3 years and settled in UK. We want to build a house in the mubaan, not  to settle/retire in, but basically to make a home for my partners Mum and Dad.  We have got  the land (1 Rai) and land has been raised up to 1m above road etc and left for 12 months to settle. £5000 budget for the house, other additions like  perimeter wall can wait. Local labour will be involved and we can also be there when it is constructed to oversee. I have falang friends who have had work done but I am just fishing for info. Thanks!

Try this link for some good advice

www:coolthaihouse.com