Non Sleaze In Phuket

jas2009

Hi! I am a single guy on holiday here in Phuket. Reading the guides etc I am a bit nervous of exploring some bars as they sound sleazy and it is expected that you are there to pay for sex? I just want to meet a guy (or guys) who are also on holiday for fun - will this be possible?

Cheers!

I am a bit nervous of exploring some bars as they sound sleazy and it is ... to pay for sex? I just want to meet a guy (or guys) who are also on holiday for fun - will this be possible?

Nervous of seeing sleazy bars?

Just wanna see regular (non gay, perhaps?) guys?

Stay home and go to your corner pub, please.

You seem somehow familiar like that guy who wanted to see guys in Samui (?) or some other Island and we never came to an idea what was it that he actually was after. All what is missing is you to state that you are not interested having sex..?

I am waiting... :)

Edited by onni4me

I am a bit nervous of exploring some bars as they sound sleazy and it is ... to pay for sex? I just want to meet a guy (or guys) who are also on holiday for fun - will this be possible?

Nervous of seeing sleazy bars?

Just wanna see regular (non gay, perhaps?) guys?

Stay home and go to your corner pub, please.

You seem somehow familiar like that guy who wanted to see guys in Samui (?) or some other Island and we never came to an idea what was it that he actually was after. All what is missing is you to state that you are not interested having sex..?

I am waiting... :)

There's no need to be rude. They guy said it was his first time. Don't you remember your first time in Thailand? How overwhelming it all was?

There's no need to be rude. They guy said it was his first time. Don't you remember your first time in Thailand? How overwhelming it all was?

Yes, I do remember but he smells like a troll.

Who goes to fun area without having a clue? We have had our site visited by very curious personalities. If I would be in Phuket, I'd be looking and smelling the surroundings and head for a pub that is obviously crowded by foreigners and just make a lot of questions and talk and strut around and...

Anyway, whatever. Didn't intend to be rude. :)

Yes, I do remember but he smells like a troll.

Who goes to fun area without having a clue? We have had our site visited by very curious personalities. If I would be in Phuket, I'd be looking and smelling the surroundings and head for a pub that is obviously crowded by foreigners and just make a lot of questions and talk and strut around and...

Anyway, whatever. Didn't intend to be rude. :)

Didn't intend to be rude? Then proceeding to call me a troll? I genuinely came here for some information. I am sorry that you find this to be susicious. Obviously after your outbursts I am left feeling even more anxious - thank you. On the other hand I'll be more cautious about meeting someone like yourself.

Thank you Endure for your help - this has given me a few ideas.

I just want to meet a guy (or guys) who are also on holiday for fun - will this be possible?

Well, quick advice... (to quote a savvy Thai I knew, describing boy-boy, boy-girl Thai-Thai Thai-farang play & relationships in Thailand) "No Money, No Honey".

Good luck... and I AM curious what your definition of "fun" is, in a gay bar, in Phuket, Thailand? What would that "fun" be, exactly...??? Socializing? Even there, above advice is in play...

and your definition of "sleaze"?

Often one person's "sleaze" is another person's idea of "fun" and a good time.

Relax, be happy, enjoy Thailand, and try not to "think too much". (my advice) :)

Edited by Pawpcorn

Well, there are some beginning ways to avoid sleaze:

1. Avoid any venues advertising for tourists or located in tourist zones

2. Avoid any venues with concepts like 'go-go' or 'show' involved

3. Avoid people who don't seem to have jobs and/or money

4. Never offer to pay for anything significant for others until you know them very, very well

Sleaze in Patong, Phuket? Never seen any, the place is full of friendly bars where you can have a drink and meet very cute local boys (from Isan) and see other tourist like you meeting other cute local boys, maybe you can even meet an other tourist and compare notes. There are nice bars with beautiful lady boy shows, tons of feathers just for you and other bars where the boys are even numbered for your easy choice. There are clean friendly hotels where you can spend the night with your conquest. Just remember one thing that someone else already said, this is Thailand: No money, no honey.

Enjoy, have the best holiday ever, it will only cost you a few $, Pounds or Euros, only stingy people miss out on the fun.

No money, no honey? You guys just must be lazy. There is plenty of honey which requires no money. Paying for it is the easy way.

Try coffee shops or even the mall. There are plenty of guys on the prowl and not all of them are interested in your wallet.

Hi! I am a single guy on holiday here in Phuket. Reading the guides etc I am a bit nervous of exploring some bars as they sound sleazy and it is expected that you are there to pay for sex? I just want to meet a guy (or guys) who are also on holiday for fun - will this be possible?

Cheers!

I dont know where you stay in Phuket but if you stay in or go to Patong you can go to Soi Paradise. Just ask any cab or motorbiketaxi and they can take you there.

I stayed in a guesthouse further in the soi and walked thruu that soi everyday. There are many different bars for men there and some of them could be something for you perhaps.

I just lived there and did not pay any attention to them because i prefer ladies but there was a show on tv and in one episode they were showing a swedish man that have a bar and guesthouse there and he use to take guests and other out on a tour on a boat just so people can relax and getting to know other people with the same interrests. Yuo can go down there and look around in daytime and i am sure that you would find the place. There should be a swedish flag there i think.

Good luck.

remember one thing that someone else already said, this is Thailand: No money, no honey.

dam_n I'm glad that isn't true... LoL Or I would've had a serious dry spell when I was in school full time (and had no money lol)...

You gotta date a boy who has a sugar daddy in another country but wants a younger BF in Thailand... haha :)

Oh to the OP... it's going to depend on your age and your looks etc. If you are younger than, I don't know, let's say 39, then you will probably have no trouble finding Thai boys that just want to jump your bones without money. (it wouldn't hurt to buy him dinner or something though, a boy's gotta eat heh) However to be safe, if you want him to spend the entire night (i.e., involving you falling asleep), then sleep with your wallet in your pocket, under your mattress, inside your pillow case, etc. :)

If you truly just wanted to get away and have a relaxing time, I'm not sure Phuket was the idea option, but since you're already there... go get em. :D

Unfortunately, the tourist worlds where everything is about money and the real Thailand are pretty much permanently separated for many foreigners, and the foreigners who move in the former are in denial that anything else exists- keeps things simple for them. Let them stay there.

For some years ago i went with the girlfriend i haved at the time to her family outside Buriram in Isaan. I can truly tell you that the "real" Thailand is overrated. In the village, where there only lived about 100 people, there was absolutely nothing to do. Just watch the rice grow.

I did not stay there over night but after the first two days with a small welcomingparty and some rituals by the villagers there was only eating and relaxing on the program for the day.

We did drive to different places off course but often early because of the temperature. I saw a lot of fields with rice and eat a lot of good food and relaxed a lot.

Some nights we went out to "party" and the only place to do that was at the local karaokebar.

Even if i was together with my girlfriend one of the things that i never will forget is how very boring the life seamed to be there. Maybe it is different from village to village buy i was not impressed about the real Thailand in that village.

Cheap, yes but i do not mind spending some money on my vacation or even if i would stay there for a while.

well, there we are! I had a lovely experience (other than the guy took lots of money from me). I asked the taxi driver to take me to a gay bar and was not disappointed. I am a bit disappointed with myself that I did not leave that bar and venture! That is for tonight though. It was not sleazy, just nice meeting like minded folks. Superb!

Perhaps we have different definitions of sleaze, but a guy taking money from someone sounds a bit sleazy somehow to me- 'like-minded' is called into question somewhat here, too... but if you're happy, OP, I guess congratulations are in order.

Welder, I'm not talking about the village wilds but about real Thai gay people (wherever they are common).

Perhaps we have different definitions of sleaze, but a guy taking money from someone sounds a bit sleazy somehow to me- 'like-minded' is called into question somewhat here, too... but if you're happy, OP, I guess congratulations are in order.

Welder, I'm not talking about the village wilds but about real Thai gay people (wherever they are common).

Well, when I spoke with him (and it was sitting at the bar outside), he said that he was not looking for money. I was not until later at the hotel that he asked for his taxi fare home - which I gave him. But then I noticed that my wallet had been emptied (thankfully only 2000 BHT in it and no cards). So, it was not really sleazy. Heck, I have had lads nick my cash before,thats life really.

I thought he was likeminded also. I think he was a genuine tourist (he with with a lady) but I may be naive.

You can take my money anytime, teach, :)

mmkay, that was naughty, but you were too tempting and I had to bite your apple, Eve.

Hola, Mr. OP where did you end up. I am curious to know as I can only think of 1 safe bar in Paradise and the karaoke place we go to, despite being smack dab in the middle of gayville is mostly hetero. (And no my crooning on the night I took my shirt off did not chase away all the gay guys.)

if ur looking for guys u will never find a thai that will have sex with ya unless money is involved. Look at it this way... U dont speak there language, u have no idea what to do or where to go so why would they want to be with ya? Not to sound cruel or...

You could always find a farang in the gay bars that might. There are many on the Paradise hotel area.

Jas' Yep life is boring upcountry expecially Essan. Why do u think all the girls leave??

Thais pretty much scattered around the countryside who are not prostitutes are interested (at least potentially) in foreigners, but you are correct to point out the difficulties of connecting with them without knowing a bit of the language.

Foreigners who hang out mainly in tourist areas- including Phuket- are unlikely to meet many of them, and are also less likely to improve their language skills. No correlation, of course.

Well, when I spoke with him (and it was sitting at the bar outside), he said that he was not looking for money. I was not until later at the hotel that he asked for his taxi fare home - which I gave him. But then I noticed that my wallet had been emptied (thankfully only 2000 BHT in it and no cards). So, it was not really sleazy. Heck, I have had lads nick my cash before,thats life really.

I thought he was likeminded also. I think he was a genuine tourist (he with with a lady) but I may be naive.

:D Just having been through your post, and I myself thought you'd learn some experiences from taking your holidays in Phuket. Not much to say, just want you to positively think that there'd not crowded of like-minded people (who're too much interested in money more than human relationship) - some you met (or maybe others else) may be slight number of existence.

Anyway, some cool advices for not jumping into quite sleazy places are very admirable; even I'm real Thai -I often stick myself with some awarenes since such (little scary) adventures (night life) could occur to everyone - not particularly for foreigners. :)

Hope you'd have next wonderful vacation - surely you'd make friend with friendly and good (in this case you may take some time to focus on the quality) people. You know, there're many cool places to visit - besides very highlighted spots like Phuket or cities of night life; you may quite reveiw some info and then re-consider before visiting. :D

Well, when I spoke with him (and it was sitting at the bar outside), he said that he was not looking for money. I was not until later at the hotel that he asked for his taxi fare home - which I gave him. But then I noticed that my wallet had been emptied (thankfully only 2000 BHT in it and no cards). So, it was not really sleazy. Heck, I have had lads nick my cash before, thats life really.

"Likeminded" meaning... what, gay? Certainly not honest, nice or of "good heart", as you sound.

AND... He asked you for more money, after he'd cleaned out your wallet??? Doesn't that just seem stupid, that it would SHOW you, while he's still in your company, that he's a thief???

Maybe something's been lost in translation here...

Eh, anyway, I think theft of all the money in one's wallet could be called "sleazy", but it just goes show what a non-descriptive term this really is, open to different interpretation by everyone...

And "naive"... well, don't think for a moment that he was "a genuine tourist" since I think it's fair to say that genuine tourists aren't in the business of stealing other tourists money, agree??

But to your credit, (of intelligence) at least you only had 2000 baht in your wallet.

Of course that could have paid for personal attentive company of a gentle, professional, genuine nature... for TWO nights.

Two Thousand Baht is cheap, when it comes to the price of "education" (coming up to speed, knowing the score, etc) here in LOS.

Hope you have fun here again, in LOS. I personally love it here, and wish all farangs could be as happy, fortunate, and blessed as I feel, here. Truth is, you really don't have to look hard to find wonderful, genuine and generous people here. Just keep your wallet secure. These are desperate times, for many.

Best regards,

Pawpcorn