Black Magic

peter991

"10 April 2008

Texas state authorities removed more than 400 children from the secluded, sprawling compound of a polygamist sect, amid allegations of widespread sexual and physical abuse.

The tally could rise as authorities search the 688 hectare ranch owned by the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, led by jailed Warren Jeffs, who is considered the sect's prophet"

Give me ghosts and black magic anytime

we now have a huge news coverage item about a orthodox woman who was 'inspired' by some pseudo rabbi involved in the kabbala (a la madonna) who decided that her 3 r old and 4 yrs old kids (out of about 8 others) were being 'influenced' by 'others' from the 'dark/evil' side and must be 'fixed' : one is now in coma, the other in bad shape after being tortured....

my issaan husband's comment: baa lao!!! thassana (referring to religious crazies including the little old ladies who see ghosts) his mother pours water on trees to placate the tree spirits before going in to the 'jungle/forest' near the house,and he doesnt have a clue. but he's a fairly straight forward buddhist w/o most of the rest of the stuff going around it... although he does believe in all the kataa and 'khong' (black magic) stuff: u know , the nails in the body, etc.

pick and choose, until it affects u, then decide........ yaa never know....

tfoo tfoo hamsa hamsa (against the evil eye and all that stuff....)

btw, i suggested that we put a spirit house up in our garden since some of the thai have since decided that thai spirits CAN travel overseas even to israel (though god knows why they'd want to come here of all places). we'd better be prepared.

bina

israel

One monk had been from Loei and the other from Chiang Rai. The witch doctor knew that the two monks had not liked each other and were fighting in the truck. That's how the back window got broken.

I wonder how well that would go over with the insurance company if you tried to file a claim???

One monk had been from Loei and the other from Chiang Rai. The witch doctor knew that the two monks had not liked each other and were fighting in the truck. That's how the back window got broken.

I wonder how well that would go over with the insurance company if you tried to file a claim???

TIT! No doubt they would have agreed and paid the claim. :o Nissan in Loei put in a new back window. It had the defrosters included. They even put the tinted plastic sun screen back on. I had raised the front of the truck so had them re aim the headlights while I was there. After they finished they washed to truck. The cost for everything was a whopping 1,308 baht. Thanks Buddha!

Without going into too many details just yet, do the locals in rural Issan believe in and use black magic ?

I ask this as I had a most bizarre online chat with a uni graduate from Khon Kaen last night. He told me my partner used black magic to make me fall in love with them.

This involved getting some of my toenail clippings and hair and using it to make a spell.

I have a very open mind on this matter and I wonder if any others in Issan have heard of this practice.

Peter

My wife is convinced that a neighbour of ours was bewitched into falling in love. Apparently involves menstrual blood being place in food.

Without doubt he became absolutely obsessively in love (irrationally so), and started acting like a complete idiot about 1 month after the girl moved in to the point that we got him moved out of his house because he was becoming increasingly irrational. People are scratching their heads wondering if he is slowly losing his mind, but the Thai's around here believe that he has been undoubtedly bewitched by this woman.

My wife is convinced that a neighbour of ours was bewitched into falling in love. Apparently involves menstrual blood being place in food.

I hear that all over. Not only in Thailand and not only Isaan. However, if it is the case, it should wear off after the wife has given birth (so the tale goes). Watch it and you'll know.

I hear that all over. Not only in Thailand and not only Isaan. However, if it is the case, it should wear off after the wife has given birth (so the tale goes). Watch it and you'll know.

If it wears off I will be over the moon, but at his age, i don't think he will be having any more kids. I almost believe it, the guy turned into an antisocial manic.

TIT! No doubt they would have agreed and paid the claim. :o Nissan in Loei put in a new back window. It had the defrosters included. They even put the tinted plastic sun screen back on. I had raised the front of the truck so had them re aim the headlights while I was there. After they finished they washed to truck. The cost for everything was a whopping 1,308 baht. Thanks Buddha!

Do you think you'll need it?The defroster,I mean.My pick-up has it,not connected,of course,wonder if it was destined for export,to Lappland perhaps.

In my new,Thai style house,would like to put a Spirithouse,not for the bloody spirits,more for the birds,if they find regularly food there,they'll stop shitting on the balcony,no need to clean every day.

My thai wife is absolutely against it,she fears it could attract a bad spirit,which is b******t,he would never be so brave to come near her! :D

TIT! No doubt they would have agreed and paid the claim. :D Nissan in Loei put in a new back window. It had the defrosters included. They even put the tinted plastic sun screen back on. I had raised the front of the truck so had them re aim the headlights while I was there. After they finished they washed to truck. The cost for everything was a whopping 1,308 baht. Thanks Buddha!

Do you think you'll need it?The defroster,I mean.My pick-up has it,not connected,of course,wonder if it was destined for export,to Lappland perhaps.

In my new,Thai style house,would like to put a Spirithouse,not for the bloody spirits,more for the birds,if they find regularly food there,they'll stop shitting on the balcony,no need to clean every day.

My thai wife is absolutely against it,she fears it could attract a bad spirit,which is b******t,he would never be so brave to come near her! :D

This being Thailand, I think the rear window defogger/defroster is standard in most pickups. They seem to have forgotten about the windshield. Not too many people drive backwards. They don't even bother to put air vents for the windshield. Had the wires not been standard, I sure wouldn't have paid extra for them. Keeping a towel beside you so you can wipe the windshield on cold winter nights is a bummer.

As far as a spirit house, I think a large bird feeder would go over better with your wife. :o

• 3 weeks later...