Yamaha Fino

Guemlum

Hi guys, my stepson is going to be 17 years old in November and is wanting a motorbike for his birthday.

I remember when I was 17 and how excited I was when I got my first car. I know that motorbikes are a big thing for youngsters in Thailand.

He has never had his own motorbike before and simply used family members bikes, so I think its about time he had his own.

He would like a Yamaha Fino. Can anyone tell me what up to date costs are of the Fino, as I will be travelling out to be with him early November and would love to surprise him with a new bike. Any alternatives to the Fino would be greatly appreciated.

We are based up in Nongkhai so any dealership recommendations would also be great.

Thanks

Guemlum

dont know about nong kai dealers................ but i have just bought a new yamaha nuovo click here for piccywith the optional mag wheels... 135cc 4 stroke water cooled..........i got a bit of change out of 54k............ the fino is around the 42 to 45k mark......... but there are many "tuning" extras and special editions for the fino.

hth

Edited by TheVinylMan

Has he got a job, can he not buy one himself?

No he hasn't, and no he can't...did you buy your own motorbike or even present when it was your 17th birthday..probably not. Your parents did.

That was probably the most daft question I've heard on this forum and I've heard some daft ones.

Thanks for the other posts guys. I was also thinking about the Nuevo.

Guemlum

Actually my first ever motorbike I got when I was 7 and I had to pay half of it. All other bikes I had to pay fully by myself.

Sorry if I came across a little strong, I should have worded it a little better. I am just surprised that you would want to buy such a big expensive thing for a 17 year old without offering him any incentive. Why not tell him to save up half and you will pay the other half when he has - at least he might look after it that way.

I bought a Fino for my wife in Udon at the dealership near the bus station 2 months ago for 43,000. Its a classy looking ride but its only 115cc and its a little too small a motorbike frame for me, but for my wife its a good size because she is only 5'2". My size 13 feet dont fit into the space provided. If I had to do it again, I would buy a Honda Click or a Nouvo which are both a little bit bigger and faster, I have rented them both for extended periods of time. They are more expensive but feel more beefy on the road.

If you can somehow let him go for a test drive of the 3 I mentioned, he can see for himself.

No he hasn't, and no he can't...did you buy your own motorbike or even present when it was your 17th birthday..probably not. Your parents did.

That was probably the most daft question I've heard on this forum and I've heard some daft ones.

Guemlum

------------------------------

Guemlum....

why do you attack so strong? To me also it seems Ok to ask that kind of question. 17 year old and still in school??

is that the problem. Than I can understand why he cannot save up anything. But we guys do not know that, and you

didn´t mentioned either. So what is it? - going in school? or just - love falang to pay?

Glegolo

Guemlum

------------------------------

Guemlum....

why do you attack so strong? To me also it seems Ok to ask that kind of question. 17 year old and still in school??

is that the problem. Than I can understand why he cannot save up anything. But we guys do not know that, and you

didn´t mentioned either. So what is it? - going in school? or just - love falang to pay?

Glegolo

Guemlum, you were off point form the start.

Go back and read glegolo's original post.

Edited by Jonathanpattaya

Guemlum

My parents didn't buy my first car. They did give me money for down payment and co-signed the bank loan with the understanding if they had to make a single payment because I missed one then the car belonged to them. Guess they were trying to teach me something and help me build credit history.

Edited by ballbreaker

dam_n...I just wrote a huge reply and lost it, so here is the wittled down version..

• Was a bit quick to bite at MeMocks post...sorry.
  • Son 16, 17 in November.
  • Still in further education...at college.
  • Has never had job..but will push him towards getting part time job in the future...especially if he wants to maintain it.
  • Never promised him a bike...said was exspensive..he is aware of this.
  • My wife (his mother) recently passed away...always said we would buy him a bike once he was 18.
  • Again, he is aware of this.
  • In the 6 years his mother and I were together he has never asked me for anything and does not take things for granted...not a case of Farang will pay...I can be a right stingy s**t when I want to be..he is not aware of this :)
  • Before my wife passed away, I promised her that I would take care of him like any father/stepfather would do..see him through his education...to support him financially up untill the age where he was working for himself...whats wrong with that? I just hope he's not in his forties when that happens!!!
  • Most kids younger than him see to have bikes nowadays..especially up where we live..and I would love for him to have a bit more freedom and independence.
  • And after all, it is his birthday..its a gift from me to him.

Guemlum

dam_n...I just wrote a huge reply and lost it, so here is the wittled down version..

• Was a bit quick to bite at MeMocks post...sorry.
  • Son 16, 17 in November.
  • Still in further education...at college.
  • Has never had job..but will push him towards getting part time job in the future...especially if he wants to maintain it.
  • Never promised him a bike...said was exspensive..he is aware of this.
  • My wife (his mother) recently passed away...always said we would buy him a bike once he was 18.
  • Again, he is aware of this.
  • In the 6 years his mother and I were together he has never asked me for anything and does not take things for granted...not a case of Farang will pay...I can be a right stingy s**t when I want to be..he is not aware of this :)
  • Before my wife passed away, I promised her that I would take care of him like any father/stepfather would do..see him through his education...to support him financially up untill the age where he was working for himself...whats wrong with that? I just hope he's not in his forties when that happens!!!
  • Most kids younger than him see to have bikes nowadays..especially up where we live..and I would love for him to have a bit more freedom and independence.
  • And after all, it is his birthday..its a gift from me to him.Guemlum
----------------------------------

As for me.... go ahead, you´re doing the right thing. A promise is a promise is a promise....

Good kid, still in school. congratulations.

Glegolo