Renting In Bangkok

Hi

Me and my girlfriend are moving to Bangkok in 3 weeks. We will be living for 6 months teaching

English. Whats the best method for renting? Via a website or just walk into a estate agents? We will have about

7000B to spend on the rent, what sort of size/condition studio shall we expect for that? Also what parts of Bangkok

can you recommend? Any other advice would be very helpful.

Thanks

Martin

Hi

Me and my girlfriend are moving to Bangkok in 3 weeks. We will be living for 6 months teaching

English. Whats the best method for renting? Via a website or just walk into a estate agents? We will have about

7000B to spend on the rent, what sort of size/condition studio shall we expect for that? Also what parts of Bangkok

Thanks

Martin

If you are going to teach English - I am sure you meant ... My Girlfriend and I ....etc :)

Seriously though for 7,000 bt or less you can get a small 32sqm condo with balcony etc in Soi 6 Rajchavithi near Victory Monument BTS- Try SJ MANSIONS - good, clean and helpful people, we have lived there for the last 3 years. There are English teachers in the Soi too so you can discuss your next step. I have no affiliation with anyone and I am not a teacher, just trying to be helpful

BT :D

Hi

Thanks

Martin

If you are going to teach English - I am sure you meant ... My Girlfriend and I ....etc :)

Seriously though for 7,000 bt or less you can get a small 32sqm condo with balcony etc in Soi 6 Rajchavithi near Victory Monument BTS- Try SJ MANSIONS - good, clean and helpful people, we have lived there for the last 3 years. There are English teachers in the Soi too so you can discuss your next step. I have no affiliation with anyone and I am not a teacher, just trying to be helpful

Much will depend on where both of you will be teaching English. A budget should include traveling cost, and the opportunity cost of wasted time should both of you need to traverse across Bangkok almost every day.

Read through the posts in this section, for ideas and prices.

Agents are not that common here and tend to be more up market than you can afford.

The location of the school where you have a job has to be your primary search area.

Hi

Thanks

Martin

Much will depend on where both of you will be teaching English. A budget should include traveling cost, and the opportunity cost of wasted time should both of you need to traverse across Bangkok almost every day.

You should not be paying more than 8000 baht per month for a small bungalow with a kitchen and one bedroom. Any more than that means you are being ripped off.

You should not be paying more than 8000 baht per month for a small bungalow with a kitchen and one bedroom. Any more than that means you are being ripped off.

Great. Tell me where you can find a 1-bedroom bungalow downtown. I am willing to pay double this rate. Should be within 15 mins walk to the mass transit.

The nearest 1-bedroom bungalow I can find are located in minburi, lat krabang, rangsit or across the river in nonthaburi or thonburi, all over 30km from downtown.

Hi

Thanks

Martin

As in any city the size of BKK there will be cheap and nasty and then nice areas. You fail to say where in the city your be teaching. By being more specific you will likely get better information.

MJ

• 3 weeks later...

Have a look at this link which is only a couple away from yours, as we speak. This kind of place can be had for 6 or 7k in many areas.

You can get an older bloc, in okay state for under 5k. There are many in Thai areas ( :) ) for 3-4k.

You just have to walk around areas you're interested in and see what's available. Areas close to the BTS and MRT are usually full and more expensive. But, if you can find a good bus route that links to your place of work, walk around some areas you like on route, then you should be able to find a one room with bathroom and balcony for 5k (depending on area). Maybe, you'll get a nice place with seperate bedroom and living area for 7k - not so easy to find, but possible.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Condo-Rent-l...ng-t287537.html

If you post the area you'll be working in then members will be able to help you more...

Edited by jasreeve17