Hog's Breath Bangkok

kurnell

I saw an ad in the Austcham magazine promoting the new Hog's Breath on Thonglor soi 8 and decided to give it a ago for lunch. On arrival the door was closed, the place dark and empty. There was no phone number/operating hours and the website was down so there is no way to check.

We talked to a cleaner and asked her if it opens later and she told us that she is not sure as sometimes they are open and other times not.

Very strange. Anyone been there?

I saw an ad in the Austcham magazine promoting the new Hog's Breath on Thonglor soi 8 and decided to give it a ago for lunch. On arrival the door was closed, the place dark and empty. There was no phone number/operating hours and the website was down so there is no way to check.

We talked to a cleaner and asked her if it opens later and she told us that she is not sure as sometimes they are open and other times not.

I really wanted to get a t-shirt from the Hog's Breath in Nana plaza about 4 years ago ... but it had shut down by the next time I was in town.....

If it ever does re-open and you can find a xxxL t-shirt I would love to get one..

S.J.C

• 1 month later...

G-day - Hog's Breath at 8Thonglor in Bangkok has closed down. We opened with 20+ staff initially and opened from 10am to 10pm. We had very good reviews in the Bangkok Post, The Nation, a number of Thai newspapers and Thai Gourmet. We gradually cut back staff and opening hours due to lack of business (many shops in the Centre are still empty). We have had major problems with the owners of the shopping centre and so have closed down. My apologies to Kurnell. We are hoping to open at a new site nearby in 2-3 months. The same high quality food that you get in Australia - and most of our customers were Thai who really liked it. Our other restaurant is in Phuket (jungCeylon Centre, Patong Beach). Drop in. Ian

I really wanted to get a t-shirt from the Hog's Breath in Nana plaza about 4 years ago ... but it had shut down by the next time I was in town.....

If it ever does re-open and you can find a xxxL t-shirt I would love to get one..

S.J.C

Alas Hogs Breath is no more, now physically a part of the joint next door - Bob retired about three years ago and both are sadly missed.

• 2 weeks later...
G-day - Hog's Breath at 8Thonglor in Bangkok has closed down. We opened with 20+ staff initially and opened from 10am to 10pm. We had very good reviews in the Bangkok Post, The Nation, a number of Thai newspapers and Thai Gourmet. We gradually cut back staff and opening hours due to lack of business (many shops in the Centre are still empty). We have had major problems with the owners of the shopping centre and so have closed down. My apologies to Kurnell. We are hoping to open at a new site nearby in 2-3 months. The same high quality food that you get in Australia - and most of our customers were Thai who really liked it. Our other restaurant is in Phuket (jungCeylon Centre, Patong Beach). Drop in. Ian

Right you are. I'll be there. I need my ribs etc. Pity you weren't open on the day I went looking as I had to detour to Witches Tavern and blew a fortune.

You must be James....right?

G'Day I am James' father, Ian, who lives in Singapore. Sorry, you don't seem to like the food Gerd. James certainly tries but due to the building of the new restaurant in Bangkok and many problems with the shopping centre there he hasn't been able to spend as much time in Phuket as he would have liked. While the mouse is away the ... plays. We have found it impossible to get good managers in Thailand. We believe we have a good product, competitively priced for Thailand - unfortunately one person running two restaurants in two different cities has proved to be difficult - but we still get generally very good comments (I was there this weekend and we were greatly appreciated by the US marines who had recently trained with Australian solders in East Timor). Hopefully we can open early again next year in Thonglor. I will buy anyone from this blog a beer if they tell me Thai Visa Forum. Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...