Bus From Jomtien To Bangkok

universe2000

I don't use buses, but I think the Jomtien "bus terminal" (such as it is) is on Soi Chayapruek. You could take a look down there, or ask someone.

There is a new luxury bus service going non-stop from the Foodmart parking lot by Soi Thepprasit to Swampy airport. It's only 124 Baht and leaves every 2 hours. You could then find your way from the Swampy bus station to anywhere in Bangkok.

If you're interested, the new Jomtien-Swampy bus service has a website HERE.

I don't use buses, but I think the Jomtien "bus terminal" (such as it is) is on Soi Chayapruek. You could take a look down there, or ask someone.

There is a new luxury bus service going non-stop from the Foodmart parking lot by Soi Thepprasit to Swampy airport. It's only 124 Baht and leaves every 2 hours. You could then find your way from the Swampy bus station to anywhere in Bangkok.

I live in Jomtien and travel often to Ekamai

I have never used the Jomtien-Bkk service

I have taken the Ekamai-Jomtien bus - never again - 4 hours is just taking the micky

Nearly every Baht bus on Jomtien goes to Naklua

take the Baht bus - get off at Dolphin roundabout past Alcazar - 20 Baht

Walk accross the road there is another Baht Bus that goes along to the bus station - 10 Baht

or get a motorcycle taxi 20-30 Baht

Another option is 100 Baht for motorcycle from Jomtien to bus station

Tempted to try the new Airport bus and then on to Bkk but most of my meetings are early morning in Bkk so the normal Pattaya bus is the best bet

You could check with Bell Travel -- They use the big tourist buses with the reclining seats. I've never used it, but several friends who have gave them rave reviews.

They use vans to pick-up and deliver on both ends, but you can get off and hop the Sky-Train at Ekamai if you're in a rush.

Not sure, but I think it's around 300 Baht.

http://www.belltravelservice.com/our_services.php

I stopped by the Soi Chayapruek area and the tourist office there said the bus station is just down the street from the intersection on Chayapruek. She mentioned that they don't have bus service to Bangkok, just to the airport. I'll have to use the bus station on North Pattaya.

There is a Jomtien to Bangkok bus on Sukumwit which stops along the way. I have taken that bus up to Bang Saen which takes about 1.5 hours. So a trip to Bangkok would probably take about 2.5 hours.

The bus service to the airport from Thepprasit looks interesting. I'll have to try it out when I need to get to the airport.

I stopped by the Soi Chayapruek area and the tourist office there said the bus station is just down the street from the intersection on Chayapruek. She mentioned that they don't have bus service to Bangkok, just to the airport. I'll have to use the bus station on North Pattaya.

There is a Jomtien to Bangkok bus on Sukumwit which stops along the way. I have taken that bus up to Bang Saen which takes about 1.5 hours. So a trip to Bangkok would probably take about 2.5 hours.

The bus service to the airport from Thepprasit looks interesting. I'll have to try it out when I need to get to the airport.

I used the 9 pm bus from the airport to Thepprasit last week and it was excellent. 124 baht - nice new bus with lots of legroom. A big advantage over Bell bus is its later departures - the last Bell bus from the airport is still 6pm, I think.

Also, for me, the depot at the Foodmart car park suits as it is only a couple of minutes from my place. I see that taxis now wait there for bus arrivals - as they do at the Pattaya Nua depot - and I suppose it's not a great deal more difficult to get to central Pattaya locations from Thepprasit than it is from Pattaya Nua.

I was also thinking that when they (finally!) open the new skytrain connection from Swampy into Bangkok, that taking the bus from Foodmart/Thepprasit to the airport and then the skytrain into the big city might be a cheap and effective way of getting into Bangkok. I think the new skytrain service will start up by the end of the year, or early in 2010, and a direct non-stop train will run every hour, with some commuter stop-trains running in between. The price will be quite small I think, so it will really depend on the timetable and connection with the bus service. At least this way, if the connections work, you could get into central Bangkok and not have to worry about traffic jams, all for around 200 Baht.

I've used the Jomtien-Airport bus to communte to BKK a number of times. I take the bus to the city which costs 150 baht and departs on the lower level. It works very will unless the bus gets cought in a jam, especially likely if you go to Sukhumvit. Another problem is reversing the trip as it is more difficult to get the bus back to Swampy.

When the train is in operation, it will be a breeze both ways.

Edited by prospero