Seafood Restaurants On Pier Over The Ocean

tonititan

Hi,

I've heard that there are some excellent restaurants (especially seafood) on a pier that extends out over the ocean in Hua Hin. Does anyone know the name of the pier (to tell a taxi driver), or have any suggestions for specific restaurants? Thanks!

I've never eaten there as I'm not that much into seafood. But the pier is at the end of Soi 55 (also called Chomsin Road), so you can tell the taxi driver that.

Hi,

I've heard that there are some excellent restaurants (especially seafood) on a pier that extends out over the ocean in Hua Hin. Does anyone know the name of the pier (to tell a taxi driver), or have any suggestions for specific restaurants? Thanks!

We like the SANG THAI Restaurant - it's the last one in the row coming from the HILTON - plenty of parking to the left of the restaurant. Very popular with the locals.

Chaolay, the biggest of them, is still good but now 90% farang customers vs. 90% Thai just ten or 15 years ago, for what that's worth. So perhaps more expensive now than the less farang-oriented places, but the advantage of a decent selection of wine.

Chaolay, the biggest of them, is still good but now 90% farang customers vs. 90% Thai just ten or 15 years ago, for what that's worth. So perhaps more expensive now than the less farang-oriented places, but the advantage of a decent selection of wine.

If that's the famous double decker one then the one this side of it (coming from the Hilton) is my favourite; I always go there when I'm in Hua Hin - the missus who's a great cook and very demanding swears by the food there. The bill always seems too cheap for the food / location / enjoyment of the meal...

They're very nice places for a meal - especially the crab curry - yum yum.

This is true - the restaurants have a good quality food , but are now very "touristic".

I would recommend the restaurant "La Mer" in Khao Takiap, south of Hua Hin (see GoogleMaps link or GoogleEarth file). This restaurant is full of Thais during the weekend, which is also a good sign for excellent Thai food at reasonable prices.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=12.5...=14&iwloc=A

La_Mer_Khao_Takiap.kmz

I like driving to Cha-Am and eating the same thing but most likley fresher for less than half price.......

can you please give some details and locations for people like me who are new in this part of the world?

• 3 weeks later...
I like driving to Cha-Am and eating the same thing but most likley fresher for less than half price.......

can you please give some details and locations for people like me who are new in this part of the world?

|Our favorite in Cha Am is Medsai. If you drive from the town center to the beach, turn left (north) on the beach road. When the road splits stay right, and you will approach where the road turns to dirt, and a big wall is on the right. The sign for Medsai is on the wall and if you pull in along the wall you will see it.

Excellent seafood, right on the beach.post-32272-1255221993_thumb.jpg