BANGKOK 20 May 2019 04:13
Sign in to follow this  
jatiedt

Would You Live In Chumphon?

Hello, I was offered a job in Chumphon and was wondering what it was like to life there? Like, is there any night life or are there many expats there? Also what kind of things are there to do, diving, hiking, or other outdoor activiteis, maybe surfing? Also what is the cost of living like? Thanks for your help.

JT-

Hello, I was offered a job in Chumphon and was wondering what it was like to life there? Like, is there any night life or are there many expats there? Also what kind of things are there to do, diving, hiking, or other outdoor activiteis, maybe surfing? Also what is the cost of living like? Thanks for your help.

JT-

off-shore work or marine industry work, your work, i mean.

chumpon is basically a fishing village of sort but it is definitely livable and not so commercial like pattaya. farangs do live there but mostly holiday elsewhere . nice beaches here and there and nice folks too.

I love the unspoilt beaches there, and I hear its great for diving but I don't know about long term. People certainly are nice.

JT-

off-shore work or marine industry work, your work, i mean.

chumpon is basically a fishing village of sort but it is definitely livable and not so commercial like pattaya. farangs do live there but mostly holiday elsewhere . nice beaches here and there and nice folks too.

If you like a quiet life, no-one to talk to...no pretty girls... no bars of any consequence, dirty dogs, no smart clean restuarants.....welcome to Chumpon.

If you like a quiet life, no-one to talk to...no pretty girls... no bars of any consequence, dirty dogs, no smart clean restuarants.....welcome to Chumpon.

It does have Papa2000 Disco (well it did in 2004) which I consider to be the best disco in the world (from my one time reference)... I really like Chumpon, seems to be real world Thai without being too small... Southern Thailand seems a lot more liveable for a farrang that Issarn for example...

Cheers,

Daewoo

Chumpon is a nice place....but the beaches are a bit boring though :-)

It does have Papa2000 Disco (well it did in 2004) which I consider to be the best disco in the world (from my one time reference)... I really like Chumpon, seems to be real world Thai without being too small... Southern Thailand seems a lot more liveable for a farrang that Issarn for example...

Cheers,

Daewoo

Definetely the best disco in the universe for me too after only visit in 2003-2004?. Very nice town, nice cheap food, decent folks. Hope to visit again but like to know if Papa2000's still there.

Probably depends much on how you live and what you do there. Isaan on the surface has "nothing to do" but has many happy retirees. Maybe Chumphon and similar are just Isaan with a beach?

Very true Cdnvic.

But, a bit like the other thread says; I'm not sure how many people like living in villages... Most probably give up.

Definetely the best disco in the universe for me too after only visit in 2003-2004?. Very nice town, nice cheap food, decent folks. Hope to visit again but like to know if Papa2000's still there.

Yes, still here but has relocated next to the railway station. If you are a real Hellraiser I would forget it. However, if not being told how hansum you are every 10 seconds does not bother you, yes, give it a whirl. It does grow on you. Neither myself or any other foreigner living here I know would want to live anywhere else.

Obviously written by somebody who has either never been there or spent any time there! Chumphon is one of the nicest paces in thailand to live. It has everything you can ask of Thailand. Very nice people, excellent beaches, great diving and snorkelling, Very cheap accom, not full of up their own bottoms farang and has good access to the rest of thailand. I have been to every part of Thailand and lived in a few. Chumphon wins hands down for everything. The diving there is amazing and you get to dive alone without 10-15 other dive boats spewing divers into the water unlike Koh Tao.

I had a 3 bed, 3 bathroomed detached house with a good sizes garden on a private estate which had a swimming pool all for 5000 baht month. Some excellent restaraunts serving some of the best Thai food I have ever eaten and a few farang friendly bars for a cold beer or two. What more do you want ?

If you were offered a job there and you like Thailand jump at the chance. It is the undiscovered jewel of Southern Thailand

Id like to see you tell someone from Chumphon its like isaan with a beach. No one would ever find your body lol. They really dislike isaan people down there. The food is much better down south as well and alot different.