My City Name In Thai Script & Phonetic.

TomBrown

Hi,

Would anybody be able to help with the translation of my UK city name into Thai phonetic and Thai script?

The city is Aberdeen, in Scotland.

I have already searched the Internet for world maps in Thai, but couldn't find anything, and am having trouble also finding an atlas in Thai too.

For information, it is for the name of a soon to start Thai boxing gym in Aberdeen.

As I understand it, the name would then be Sit <Aberdeen>, being Gym Aberdeen.

If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom.

Hi,

Would anybody be able to help with the translation of my UK city name into Thai phonetic and Thai script?

The city is Aberdeen, in Scotland.

I have already searched the Internet for world maps in Thai, but couldn't find anything, and am having trouble also finding an atlas in Thai too.

For information, it is for the name of a soon to start Thai boxing gym in Aberdeen.

As I understand it, the name would then be Sit <Aberdeen>, being Gym Aberdeen.

If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom.

I can only see two possibilities, given Thai orthographic habits (and sod the local vowel length), namely แอเบอร์ดีน and อาเบอร์ดีน. The former is rather Sassenach and got no Google hits. The latter feels more Scottish and got 14 hits. The latter is used for Aberdeen, Hong Kong, but is also used for reporting UK sports results.

The standard transcription of อาเบอร์ดีน if it were Thai would be Aboedin (or is that Aboe Din :o - we had a debate over Chiangmai v. Chiang Mai). The pronunciation would be most rigorously expressed here as [M]aa [ML]boe [M]diin.

Edited by Richard W