แฮง Means ?

KKL

Its  Essarn  for  "how  are  you?"  equivialant  of  "sabai  dee  mai?"

Thank.........do you means that แฮง equivialant to "suk sabai" ?

I always thought "suk sabai" was Khmer (yes, there is a Khmer-speaking minority in Isarn). Either way, I think the answer to your question is yes.

If I'm not mistaken, I think "แฮง" is the northern/isaan way of saying "แรง", meaning "strength", "energy".

My mom once mentioned that the Chiangmai maid we had when I was little used to ask "Khor than kao gorn kha, diew mai mee hang", meaning "May I have my breakfast first, please? Otherwise I won't have any energy (to do the housework)."

(For those of you who are wondering why she had to ask, maids had to wait until household members had their meal before they could start theirs. That was how it was then, not sure about how it is in modern times.)

But then again, as I am a city girl I could be wrong. :o Isaan people please verify!

If I'm not mistaken, I think "แฮง" is the northern/isaan way of saying "แรง", meaning "strength", "energy".

My mom once mentioned that the Chiangmai maid we had when I was little used to ask "Khor than kao gorn kha, diew mai mee hang", meaning "May I have my breakfast first, please? Otherwise I won't have any energy (to do the housework)."

(For those of you who are wondering why she had to ask, maids had to wait until household members had their meal before they could start theirs. That was how it was then, not sure about how it is in modern times.)

But then again, as I am a city girl I could be wrong.  :o  Isaan people please verify!

sk is correct, I think the phrase would be an answer rather than a question,ie -I'm fine and feeling healthy,(strong)

bannork