Red Warning Stamp at Vientienne

I got my 2 entry visa today in Vientiane. I have one 3 entry visa from Helsinki and two 2 entry visas from Vientiane before that.

Today I also got red stamp beside my visa:

"Remark: The holder has travelled to Thailand with Tourist Visa 9 times. The Embassy may not accept the application next time"

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got my 2 entry visa today in Vientiane. I have one 3 entry visa from Helsinki and two 2 entry visas from Vientiane before that.

"Remark: The holder has travelled to Thailand with Tourist Visa 9 times. The Embassy may not accept the application next time"

Classic T.I.T........hey, lets give out free visas to encourage tourism, but we don't actually want you to apply for one, and really we don't want you here at all, we're doing just fine without you!.....hmmm

Last one! The dreaded warning stamp has come out.

Vientiane is no longer a tourist visa factory.

anyone else can confirm that "red stamp" story?

It's not just a story. I can put picture of that on forum when I get home. I saw one more guy got same stamp.

Was the number "9" on the stamp or did they hand write it?

Just wondering if they limit to nine tourist visas.

anyone else can confirm that "red stamp" story?

It's not just a story. I can put picture of that on forum when I get home. I saw one more guy got same stamp.

Was the number "9" on the stamp or did they hand write it?

Just wondering if they limit to nine tourist visas.

That would be a huge stretch i.e. setting the number at 9.

Taking an educated guess, they're letting everyone through this time around and giving all back-to-back tourist visa recipients the red warning stamp. Recording a number will make their job easier if the applicant returns.

Note the warning stamp was worded "MAY not accept the application next time". This allows for some flexibility for some cases. Time will tell exactly how they are going to enforce this, but I wouldn't expect any definitive answers for quite sometime.

Here is this red stamp

post-49774-1253689388_thumb.jpg

Can't argue with that.

Thanks for posting the positive proof.

If anyone is heading up to Vientiane soon, please ask them how many back-to-back tourist visas will be allowed.

Edited by tropo

Classic T.I.T........hey, lets give out free visas to encourage tourism, but we don't actually want you to apply for one, and really we don't want you here at all, we're doing just fine without you!.....hmmm

NINE tourist visa's :) Hardly a genuine tourist.

NINE tourist visa's :) Hardly a geuine tourist.

Actually only 4, but with a total of 9 entries.

Still not a genuine tourist obviously, but this loophole has been a lifeline to many for the last couple of years.

Looks like the rumours on the other thread were actually true :D

Actually if You count my old passport too, it's more. One single entry from KL, two single entry from Vientiane and one double entry from Vientiane. And don't forget that one multientry non-o I got from Helsinki Consulate in year 2007. Oh, and have to add 6 or 7 extension too. So roll over again :D , don't care a bit what you think. Haven't done anything wrong or illegal, there just is no other visa for me.

btw, I saw man who didn't got this stamp and he said he has lived here 7 years with TR visas. Maybe something to do with that he applied only single entry visa?

Can you please confirm if you previous visas were back to back or spaced out??

As your previous visa was from Helsinki, well outside the local region,

it does rather sound like a knee jerk reaction from Vientienne. :)

Haven't done anything wrong or illegal, there just is no other visa for me.

Obtain Non-O multiple entry visa on the basis of visiting friends from Perth or some of the honorary consulates in Europe is an alternative option.

Ok that can do. Helsinki gave one before. But I still haven't done anything illegal or wrong, that was my point.

Can you please confirm if you previous visas were back to back or spaced out??

As your previous visa was from Helsinki, well outside the local region,

it does rather sound like a knee jerk reaction from Vientienne. :)

Helsinki, Vientiane, Vientiane and now again Vientiane. Never stayed outside Thailand more than 1-2 nights.

Haven't done anything wrong or illegal, there just is no other visa for me.

Obtain Non-O multiple entry visa on the basis of visiting friends from Perth or some of the honorary consulates in Europe is an alternative option.

Ok that can do. Helsinki gave one before. But I still haven't done anything illegal or wrong, that was my point.

Was not saying or suggesting you had. Just giving you another possible option. :)

Seems this is the first confirmation on the crackdown on tourist visas besides Penang, but indeed still a lot of questions are unanswered. But I guess living in Thailand on tourist visas is going to be difficult. However, that part of the discussion is already being discussed here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Crackdown-To...at-t297046.html and we are not going to discus it here.

Please only factual information or questions here. All other remarks, about Thai visa policy etc are off topic in this thread.

Helsinki, Vientiane, Vientiane and now again Vientiane. Never stayed outside Thailand more than 1-2 nights.

We know one thing for sure - they spent quite a while going through your passport. They are taking this quite seriously.

Actually if You count my old passport too, it's more. One single entry from KL, two single entry from Vientiane and one double entry from Vientiane. And don't forget that one multientry non-o I got from Helsinki Consulate in year 2007. Oh, and have to add 6 or 7 extension too. So roll over again :) , don't care a bit what you think. Haven't done anything wrong or illegal, there just is no other visa for me.

SO four tourists visa entries in your new passport and 1+2+2 in your old. So that makes nine tourist visas. So they are probably counting only the number of entries and check them from a central database.

Actually if You count my old passport too, it's more. One single entry from KL, two single entry from Vientiane and one double entry from Vientiane. And don't forget that one multientry non-o I got from Helsinki Consulate in year 2007. Oh, and have to add 6 or 7 extension too. So roll over again :) , don't care a bit what you think. Haven't done anything wrong or illegal, there just is no other visa for me.

SO four tourists visa entries in your new passport and 1+2+2 in your old. So that makes nine tourist visas. So they are probably counting only the number of entries and check them from a central database.

No. Check again. This new passport has now 4 visas and 9 entries, they count that new visa they gave too. So after this visa I have 9 entries and they may not accept application anymore.

edit. Oh yes, now I see what you mean. I have 9 visas but entries much more.

There was more people who got this stamp. Do you think here in forum that everybody who go get visa reads this forum? No, they do not.

Edited by hullupullo

I think he was just unlucky, there are at least 500 people a day for make a visa applicaton in Vientiane .

I'm awating for other reports.

As none have declared the same situation yet, I wonder whether they suspect that he is working illegally in Thailand especially if he is under 50 years of age. Let's wait and see other reports.

Bishop

I wonder whether they suspect that he is working illegally in Thailand especially if he is under 50 years of age. Let's wait and see other reports.

Bishop

I think that is the way to look this. 40 years but not working. Well, I can tell you I'm happy Owen did score last sunday and I saw flush in my screen awhile ago :)

Regarding this, if you get a new passport are you on the clear from the previous visas? i.e if hullupullo got a new passport now could he go to vientiane and be a visa virgin there?

offtopic: finnish passports are valid for 5 years max anyway so that might help him if he can't get another visa around here. he could also go to finland and get a triple from the embassy there. you just need a plane ticket for each entry and show a whopping 400 euro (~20k baht) in his bank account (their new policy as of this month).

mod: feel free to open a new topic for my first question if you think it doesn't belong to this topic. i would like an answer somewhere though since as a finn my visa factories are helsinki and vientiane too as are OP's

edit. Oh yes, now I see what you mean. I have 9 visas but entries much more.

There was more people who got this stamp. Do you think here in forum that everybody who go get visa reads this forum? No, they do not.

Today I did go to ask a visa run company with that visa picture and they said "four times (visa runs) a-ok but then may not give but rules change all the time". So that would give two years max with new regulations.

Edited by tim73

Yea, I have upwards of forty in mine, GRINS!

Regarding this, if you get a new passport are you on the clear from the previous visas? i.e if hullupullo got a new passport now could he go to vientiane and be a visa virgin there?

offtopic: finnish passports are valid for 5 years max anyway so that might help him if he can't get another visa around here. he could also go to finland and get a triple from the embassy there. you just need a plane ticket for each entry and show a whopping 400 euro (~20k baht) in his bank account (their new policy as of this month).

mod: feel free to open a new topic for my first question if you think it doesn't belong to this topic. i would like an answer somewhere though since as a finn my visa factories are helsinki and vientiane too as are OP's

Yes, with new passport he will be clear; Thai embassies do not check records in their computers! that if they have such.

Bishop