English Bookshop In Isaan

roiet

Is there any English bookshop in Isaan. I dont want go to Bangkok to Asia Bookshop or Korat or buy via Internet or use a library which is far away. I find a lot of locals talking about english bookshops, but when I go there I usually find Thai - English dics.

Are some members also interested to swop english written books, or is anybody prepared to sell some used english books.

Roiet,, keep in touch with me. I normally bring a laod of books with me when ever I come over. Also another book worm is MARTIN at thaihomestay north of Khon Kean send him a email I gave him about 40 books the other month. you can find his posts here on TV

Thanks a lot. Loking forward to a truckload of good english books. In the meantime I contact Martin. Thanks again

A bit off topic here........in the opening post you mention you wouldnt want to travel to Korat to find english books.....Can you please let me know where this shop is located. I have looked everywhere over a period of 6 months and eventually had to go bkk for seriously expensive books....

It gets boring reading the bangkok post dosn't it..... :o

The Farang Connection in Surin has a "book swap" rack. And suprisingly, there is no charge for this service.

:o

Don't push it.

Ours is quite small,around150 titles,but constantly changing. We also have a DVD,VCD & VHS library. Also no charge,but we do like the recipiants to be our customers,but that goes without saying.Any new customers are more than welcome to come in for a drink or a meal and swap books or films.

Edited by lampard10

A bit off topic here........in the opening post you mention you wouldnt want to travel to Korat to find english books.....Can you please let me know where this shop is located. I have looked everywhere over a period of 6 months and eventually had to go bkk for seriously expensive books....

It gets boring reading the bangkok post dosn't it..... :o

I heard there is one small one in the Mall, but when I check the info again, it seems to be the same as always Thai - English dics.

PS: I am also tired of reading Bangkok Post and watching the Supper TV Channel CNN. Now the latest Iraq news 24 hours per day.

• 4 months later...

Do you think it would be possible to swap books by mail? I know we might get stuff we don't like and there might be occasional cheat, but I'd be willing to give it a try.

I like mysteries, usually by American authors, the occasional historical fiction and selected "literature."

Michael

What's the problem with ordering over the Internet?

Asia Books has a decent web site and a good selection of books. They charge 5% for delivery and the books usually arrive in two or three days.

In Korat, Se Ed at The Mall (the one on the gound floor) has a small selection of English language books. B2S at Klang Plaza 2 also has some.

• 3 weeks later...
The Farang Connection in Surin has a "book swap" rack. And suprisingly, there is no charge for this service.

:D

Don't push it.

Ours is quite small,around150 titles,but constantly changing. We also have a DVD,VCD & VHS library. Also no charge,but we do like the recipiants to be our customers,but that goes without saying.Any new customers are more than welcome to come in for a drink or a meal and swap books or films.

thank's ass...still advertsing Martin ??? :o