German Hiv-scare Man Resurfaces

guran

And now he is back .............. :o

HIV-scare man resurfaces

thaiaids_narrowweb__200x354,1.jpg

Hans-Otto Schiemann, 56

CHAIYAPHUM: -- A German man at the centre of a mass HIV scare last year has showed up at a local market, upsetting many residents, police said yesterday.

Former-soldier Hans-Otto Schiemann, 56, was earlier accused of spreading HIV by paying up to 400 women and girls in the province to have unprotected sex, allegedly out of spite after contracting the virus from a 17-year-old Thai girl.

He has been married to a Thai for five years and his wife has said she is dying of Aids. He was sentenced to 58 days in jail and was deported last November for overstaying his visa since 2001.

Early this week, villagers told police they saw the man at a local market, said Lt-Colonel Khampol Nonuch of Muang Chaiyaphum police station. "We know he's back but we don't know what to do with him because the provincial court punished and deported him last year for overstaying his visa," he said.

Aids campaigner Sommart Troy said letting Schiemann back into Thailand was unacceptable. "This man deliberately transmits HIV to others. How can you let him come back to Thailand?" Sommart said.

Nakhon Ratchasima tourism police Major Thanomsak Inthrabutr said police had proposed he be made persona non grata. However, Pol Colonel Sutthipong Wongpin, superintendent of the Immigration Police, said he had merely overstayed his visa and was not banned from entering the Kingdom.

--The Nation 2005-03-23

http://www.komchadluek.net/breaking/read.p...en&newsid=50959

Why hasn't he been banned from entering Thailand? He is not the "quality" farrang we want around!!!!!!!!!!

Do have to spell it out for you all; it's a bulls.hit story. :o

He was their whipping boy; they got something out of it. And now he's back.

They just didn't figure that anyone would bother reporting the guy after he he was back on the scene.

They're Thais for Chrissakes; stringing people up isnt't rocket science to them.

Doing it successfully is. :D

IA

PS. People can be banned from Thailand no problem; read between the lines.

Why hasn't he been banned from entering Thailand? He is not the "quality" farrang we want around!!!!!!!!!!

They just didn't figure that anyone would bother reporting the guy after he he was back on the scene.

that's certainly not plausible... as well-known his case is... and ESPECIALLY since he chose to return to the same area. Not the brightest individual...

we undoubtedly haven't heard the last of this case...

I read this and I wonder why I worry about getting all my company and Visa paperwork in order on the dot every single month / year so that my status in Thailand is 100% legal and I pay my dues to society here.... I don't begrudge this at all and it is a good feeling to be a "legal alien", hoping to get residency at some point in the future...

But when I read stories like this it appears I could simply not pay taxes, get deported, pop back into the country any time.... Do the odd visa run when I feel like it.. Etc. Etc.

This kind of situation makes a mockery of all the attempts that we hear about to try and "...keep undesirables out of Thailand".

With all respect to due process and the rule of law, sometimes vigilanteeism is needed.  Round up the possee, boys, and string him up high.

If the Thai locals are that much up in arms about it, I think you'll find that he will "disappear" very soon. :o

And I also think that not many Police or Government officials will be too bothered by his disappearance too.

sriracha john wrote;

that's certainly not plausible... as well-known his case is... and ESPECIALLY since he chose to return to the same area. Not the brightest individual...

My comment was tongue in cheek.

The 'case' against him is bogus, ( at least to the extent that the 'facts' thus far have been (misrep/presented)).

That's why he's back. :o

IA

Edited by IsaanAlex

Anything worth spelling out once; is worth spelling out twice. :o

It's a bulls.hit story.

They're Thais for Chrissakes; stringing people up isnt't rocket science to them.

Doing it successfully is.

IA

Well, that guy just loves sex. I think we should help him to have more sex.

There is nothing bad with it. I would even invite him myself to have sex with a beautiful young tiger in Sriracha Tiger Zoo.

I would also pay the entrance fee for him, no problem and I would also help him to get his ass over the fence.

Now one thing I do not understand: He was convicted of overstaying his visa.

But why wasn't he convicted of having sex with minors ?

That at least would have kept him off the streets till he finally will be burned.

Edited by capo

Ok folks. This is admittedly a unsavoury story. But what do we know? What did the media tell us?

Don`t get me wrong. If the guy has done what is being said about him, no doubt, I would also wish to have him out of los.

But maybe there are some informations we do not have. I just doubt that if he really had done what he is - by public, and not by law - accused of, the authorities would have found ways to get rid of him.

Again: I dont speak for him and I dont know the guy. (I don`t even want to know him) But I have an idea what the press can make of a story if that topic promises big headlines. That is why I don`t think it is usefull, if everybody shouts "hang`em high"!

With all respect to due process and the rule of law, sometimes vigilanteeism is needed.  Round up the possee, boys, and string him up high.

it is all alleged, nothing is proven if he was guilty do you think he would have got 58 days and be allowed back into the country?

Now one thing I do not understand: He was convicted of overstaying his visa.

But why wasn't he convicted of having sex with minors ?

That's a very good question, indeed! Do you really think that they would have not done it, if they would have found one of these minors to testify?

This story stinks and does not stop stinking.

The Thai court looked at the facts, and all it did find was "overstaying his visa". No "sex with minors". :o

Is it only that from all the hundreds of freelance or fulltime sex workers he's supposed to have infected nobody dared to testify? :D

But you guys know better, keep on throwing stones to that ugly bastard.

Edited by yuyi

If the Thai locals are that much up in arms about it, I think you'll find that he will "disappear" very soon. :o

And I also think that not many Police or Government officials will be too bothered by his disappearance too.

He's a scumbag ,let's hope he eat's S**T and dies .

Or somethig equaly as nasty :D

He's a scumbag ,let's hope he eat's S**T and dies .

Or somethig equaly as nasty :o

I think that should read "IF he's a scumbag..."

IsaanAlex seems to think there's more to the story than meets the eye.

If that is so, then we shouldn't all be jumping on the vigilante bandwagon and demanding a lynching. If injustice has been served, then wouldn't it be fair to hear the flip side of the story? :D

C'mon IsaanAlex... spill the beans...

if he was guilty of anything how quick would the immigration have stamped persona non grata in his passport, he overstayed for four years, don't you think they would have got him for something if they could? no proof, no case! made up to blame the falang for aids epidemic not the Thai prostitutes, total rubbish and you maniacs would have had him swinging from a lampost by now, open your eyes and stop acting like a bunch of right wing hitler youth

Edited by toastwars

Anything worth spelling out once; is worth spelling out twice.  :o

It's a bulls.hit story. 

Doing it successfully is. 

IA

It is an interesting story. A lot of people seem to be implying the story is not as is being reported. Is all this conjecture, or does anyone have any real insight?? Obviously the story does seem a bit far fetched as stated...... Is it all just made up by the media??

sriracha john wrote;

My comment was tongue in cheek.

The 'case' against him is bogus, ( at least to the extent that the 'facts' thus far have been (misrep/presented)).

That's why he's back. :o

IA

400 women?  And not one of them willing to cut it off or slit his throat?

In Iran, they would have removed his Balls to make fried eggs out of it

and made Sausage out of his dick and pulled out all his teeth and made

them look like baked beans to him and forced him to eat them all, otherwise

meet Mr. headchopper

Edited by ThaiGeared_HighThaied

Quoting IssanAlex

Former-soldier Hans-Otto Schiemann, 56, was earlier accused of spreading HIV by paying up to 400 women and girls in the province to have unprotected sex, allegedly out of spite after contracting the virus from a 17-year-old Thai girl.

I agree with IssanAlex where he advisedly uses the word accused but he doesn't say the guy is guilty.

And "toastwars" I am with you. Too many people posting here (and very often a lot of drivel at that) immediately jump to conclusions without a shred of evidence.

If one of 'theirs' was strung up and subsequently found to be innocent they would be the first to change their tune.