Thaiboxing Camps Around Issan

Ekachai The Scorpion

Just to say, I only have started Muay Thai in England/// but in thailand they train 5 - 7 hours a day run 12km in the morining then 5-7km in the evening, with alot of pads, and heavybag work, I know the training there is really hard we had a guy in are gym went to thailand and said he train there for a whole month, and my instrutor founds outs the guy quit after one session, whats the diffrence between the big gyms in bangkok and issan???

As to the fairtex and lanna..

Hi Mate , I trined in Muay Thai in the UK for about 8 years , after TKD and Freestyle Kickboxing. I trained a little in Thailand , in the Sityodtong camp near Naklua. I can't really compare Bkk camps with Isaan camps , as I have trained in neither. I would imagine that the conditions in Isaan will be a bit more spartan. The style of training and fighting will obviously be affected by the Trainers individual style , ie they may prefer low leg kicks or elbow techniques. Usually you can find a fairly successful fighter associated with a particular camp , his style may be copied and practiced by the younger fighters.

I started Muay Thai too late ( at 24 ) to have much success , but if you are young and train hard , anything can happen!

My favourite techinique was Tae-Tad ( low leg kick) , still practice to this day!

CHok Dee

Are you in Los yet? If not I would recommend joining a local gym and build up your stamina gradually. Work out a fitness regime that you can stick yo and build it up over the weeks. Nothing will prepare you for the transition into Full time training totally , but a good base of stamina will help you to overcome any early obsticles.

Are you in Los yet? If not I would recommend joining a local gym and build up your stamina gradually. Work out a fitness regime that you can stick yo and build it up over the weeks. Nothing will prepare you for the transition into  Full time training totally , but a good base of stamina will help you to overcome any early obsticles.

I lived near Amnat Charoen in the early 60,s as a cherry beret was fit as a butchers dog, one day my thai caddy lost a golf ball and I refused to pay him!! this 13 year old thai youth promptly knocked me out with a kick I never even saw coming, Welcome to Muy Thai!! after coming out of sick bay I made inqiuries about this art of fighting and I was hooked my teacher even entered me in a couple of big fights in Ubon and Korat and in 1965 I even got into the hallowed walls of Lumpini not as a fighter but as a second. no I am over 60, disabled , but on our frequent visits to thailand we still visit my old teacher in Leong Nok tha sadly there is no gym there anymore but the police have a good one in Yasothon!!Best of luck .Nignoy :o

Sorry for my Grammer,

My dad was a former limpni fighter as his brother as well, his really good, but when I grew up I know nothing about him, he appaer in bangkok newspapers sometimes, then my farther left me, aftre founding out he was a thaiboxer at 16, I just started to lern the art in England, for nealrly two months still early days

When I've started I keep running 5-6 times a week, injuring myself and now i set up a training plan of 3x running a week for 6 weeks, then going to be harder after that so im building my stamina up, (smart training)

The new gym im going have no thai person only foreiners, When they know I was a thai they were asking for a sparring match I did beat both 3 person, one of the them were a guy train 2 years have some fights, the other were boxers, and I lose to one of them a Pro,

My gym have only 3-4 champion, 1 current, and most other gym they win alot of fight but the gym im in win 50% of their fights, they really need a new person to be good in their gyms,

Hopefully, in 1 yeras time will be my first Novice fight, I want to be like my dad, but im diffferent from him, so i just hope I'll buid my stamina and technique slowly then get start to train hard...

• 1 month later...

hey guys

if you ever visit ubon lookin for muay thai,i have just opened my own school/camp.

some info about myself can be seen on my website www.all4glory.com

been livin in ubon 2 years now and married last year,,just opened my camp and most likely i will be here for many more years.i love muay thai and i have fought all over the world in great events,now as im gettin close to ending my career i wish to build new fighters and use my knowledge and also contacts to get new blod into the ring.

all my coaches are skilled and besides few foreigners training i have my thai boys and 4 of them are curently fighting in lumpini hopin to climb the rangkings and one days get a shot at the title.

check out my gym www.legacygym.com

ole