Free Sms To All Thai Gsm Operators?

wai

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Even SMS's you pay for often don't stand a chance of making it to their destination around here nowadays.

A few sent to me from the UK in the recent weeks must of vanished in the vortex of hubs.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a service I hope ThaiVisa.com or someone gets working, because it is a lot easier to type from a keyboard than it is from a mobile phone! It's usually better to SMS serious people than to interrupt them with a call.

Even SMS's you pay for often don't stand a chance of making it to their destination around here nowadays.

A few sent to me from the UK in the recent weeks must of vanished in the vortex of hubs.

My experience has been the same for years, going back to pagers. A messaging website comes up, it works for awhile, then it stops working. It drives traffic to the website for awhile, of course, but (1) I guess it just hasn't been financially sustainable yet, and (2) insider contacts & arrangements are usually not reliable over time.

It's better that ThaiVisa.com announce and try ... and not offer for quality reasons for awhile ... than to run a half-baked system, or to not try at all.

I'd be willing to pay for a reliable service, but I don't know if there are enough others who would. I don't believe in "free" things (not any more than I believe in communism), and if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is!

Right now, it's hard enough getting a call thru on DTAC. Due to their recent promotions for super low rates, they are overloaded. I often have to call my colleagues several times before I get thru if they're on DTAC, and I come out just typing an SMS to them ... so it's a good time to evaluate SMS web services.

Unfortunately, the bad name of those web SMS services could rub off on the web service provider (such as ThaiVisa), so that's probably another reason ThaiVisa has cut back for the time being ...

You are quite right there is no reliable consistent free SMS available, in searching for it you risk giving all your personal details to scam artists who use this come on to rip you off and send you loads of spam.

Check this:http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=223940&p=1&u=6571

I use www.ipipi.com reasonable reliable and straightforward, you can actually talk to them, e.g. I got a Jamaican network I need to send SMS to put on their list within one week!

Edited by spacebass

• 2 years later...