British skydiver executed in Thai shooting

george

Here is a follow up on yesterdays news:Briton shot and dumped into canal

Skydiver executed in Thai shooting

THE body of a Welsh skydiver has been found riddled with bullets in a gangland killing in Thailand.

Forty-two-year-old Robert William Henry, from Cardiff, was found face down in a canal 120 miles east of Bangkok in a beach resort.

He had been shot six times in the head and back by an assassin who used an automatic handgun.

The murder scene was in Tambon Na Jomtien, just south of Pattaya, which has been fast replacing the Costa del Sol as the new Costa del Crime for British ex-pats.

Henry ran a company called Siam Air Sport and a bar called The Sky Dive Bar but Siam Air Sport ceased trading after their only plane crashed on take off injuring seven passengers, four of them Britons, it was reported last night.

Two other Britons said to be his business partners were last night being hunted by police after telling Henry's Thai wife they had to go to Cambodia to renew their visas.

Henry's commonlaw Thai wife, 26-year-old Wilai Chiewcharn, yesterday told Thai police he had been kidnapped.

She said she had last seen him alive on October 4 at the home of one of his business partners, Ron Loveleese, from Coventry, a Thai police spokesman said.

"There was apparently a row during which Henry hit his wife requiring her to have hospital treatment.

"She stayed at the home of one of his partners called Paul who told her that her husband had been kidnapped by four or five men and that he was looking for cash to pay the ransom.

"He said he and the other business partner had to go to Cambodia in the meantime to renew their visas and she was urged not to contact police.

"But when they left she came to see us. We had already found the body. She believes her husband was in a business conflict."

Police described the hit as "professional". Last night the bar in North Pattaya was closed. Neighbouring bar owners said they were not surprised about the shooting. "There was a lot of ill will in the street between the local Thais and the Brits," said one.

"It had already come to threats and it had been suggested to the man Robert that he take a long holiday."

A Foreign Office spokesman said last night: "All the information we have is from local Thai press reports. We have not been contacted by police from Thailand but consular staff there are aware of the reports."

--ic Wales 2003-10-12

george, I'm confused...in your post it appeared that there was a feud between the victim and UK villains but at the end the implication was that locals may have whacked him...a contract hit using local muscle or were local gangsters and business arrangements involved?

This is disturbing as Jomtien beach always appeared to be a nice family type place.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/15Oct2003_news16.html

MURDER

British man nabbed after partner killed

Jerdsak Saengthongcharoen

A British businessman has been arrested on suspicion of murdering his compatriot last week.

Paul Cryne, 55, was arrested yesterday morning at a garage in Bang Lamung district, where his car was being repaired. Police believe the vehicle was used in the murder of his business partner, Robert William Herry.

Mr Cryne denied any involvement.

Police found bloodstains in the car, but the suspect claimed the bloodstains were those of his daughter who had been bitten by a dog.

Police collected bloodstain samples for forensic tests and detained the suspect for further questioning.

The body of Herry, 42, a major shareholder of Siam Air Sport airstrip in Bang Lamung, was found dumped in a canal in Sattahip district last week. There were six gunshots wounds to the body.

His common-law Thai wife Wilai Chiewcharn, 26, had alerted police that her husband left home on Oct 4 and had not been seen since. His car was found abandoned in front of a local hotel on Oct 6.

Sources said police believed a business conflict could be the motive.

They were looking for another Briton who allegedly conspired with Mr Cryne to kill Mr Herry.

The missing suspect was formerly a trainer in a Royal Air Force combat unit

• 1 year later...

UPDATE

In this long unsolved case, the prime suspect was recently acquited...as the agony the victim's family suffering continues :o :

Dad's killing has left our family devastated

Oct 13 2005

By Ben Griffin, Crime Reporter

The family of a Coventry man murdered in Thailand are praying his killers will one day be brought to justice.

Robert Henry, who had a home in Middlemarch Road, Radford, was shot dead in Pattaya, Thailand, in October 2003.

Paul Cryne was cleared of his murder at the end of September.

Mr Henry's family has now spoken about how the killing has left them devastated.

Daughter Leah Henry, who lives in Middlemarch Road, with husband Riaz and children Reia, aged three, and Riaz, aged one, said: "I couldn't believe it when I was told. It didn't hit me for ages. It was horrible."

The 20-year-old added: "He was so popular, he had that many friends here. He went there (Thailand) where he was happiest, he loved it out there."

Her sister, Joelene Cole aged 25, of Dyson Street, Tile Hill, said: "He would go out of his way to help anyone."

Ms Cole, who lives with her partner John Heales and son Henry, aged one, and two-year-old daughter Angel, said she remembered her dad as a warm, funny man.

Mr Henry's sister, Marilyn Thorne, aged 45, who lives in Abbeydale Close, Walsgrave, with husband Peter, said: "We are devastated - our whole family. It was months before I would accept that he had died, let alone been murdered."

Mrs Thorne, who has a 21-yearold daughter, Kelly, said that when Mr Henry's 71-year-old mother, Helen Fallon, of London Road, Whitley, heard about his death, she collapsed.

Describing her brother, she added: "He was a loving beautiful gentleman who loved his family. He used to come home with orchids through the airport every month for his mum.

"He was the best father and brother anyone could wish for."

Mr Henry had lived in Thailand for five years and made monthly trips home.

He had a sister, Sheila Roddie, aged 47, who lives in Binley, and a brother, William, aged 40, who lives in Radford.

A spokeswoman for the Foreign Office said the prosecution authorities in Thailand have 30 days to appeal against the court's decision to acquit Mr Cryne. In the meantime Mr Cryne is back in custody.

Describing her brother, she added: "He was a loving beautiful gentleman who loved his family. He used to come home with orchids through the airport every month for his mum.

"He was the best father and brother anyone could wish for."

Mr Henry had lived in Thailand for five years and made monthly trips home.

He had a sister, Sheila Roddie, aged 47, who lives in Binley, and a brother, William, aged 40, who lives in Radford.

<font color='#000000'>Here is a follow up on yesterdays news:Briton shot and dumped into canal

Skydiver executed in Thai shooting

THE body of a Welsh skydiver has been found riddled with bullets in a gangland killing in Thailand.

Forty-two-year-old Robert William Henry, from Cardiff, was found face down in a canal 120 miles east of Bangkok in a beach resort.

He had been shot six times in the head and back by an assassin who used an automatic handgun.

The murder scene was in Tambon Na Jomtien, just south of Pattaya, which has been fast replacing the Costa del Sol as the new Costa del Crime for British ex-pats.

Henry ran a company called Siam Air Sport and a bar called The Sky Dive Bar but Siam Air Sport ceased trading after their only plane crashed on take off injuring seven passengers, four of them Britons, it was reported last night.

Two other Britons said to be his business partners were last night being hunted by police after telling Henry's Thai wife they had to go to Cambodia to renew their visas.

Henry's commonlaw Thai wife, 26-year-old Wilai Chiewcharn, yesterday told Thai police he had been kidnapped.

She said she had last seen him alive on October 4 at the home of one of his business partners, Ron Loveleese, from Coventry, a Thai police spokesman said.

"There was apparently a row during which Henry hit his wife requiring her to have hospital treatment.

"She stayed at the home of one of his partners called Paul who told her that her husband had been kidnapped by four or five men and that he was looking for cash to pay the ransom.

"He said he and the other business partner had to go to Cambodia in the meantime to renew their visas and she was urged not to contact police.

"But when they left she came to see us. We had already found the body. She believes her husband was in a business conflict."

Police described the hit as "professional". Last night the bar in North Pattaya was closed. Neighbouring bar owners said they were not surprised about the shooting. "There was a lot of ill will in the street between the local Thais and the Brits," said one.

"It had already come to threats and it had been suggested to the man Robert that he take a long holiday."

A Foreign Office spokesman said last night: "All the information we have is from local Thai press reports. We have not been contacted by police from Thailand but consular staff there are aware of the reports."

--ic Wales 2003-10-12</font>

I'm interested to know whether to term "executed" was your choice of words or the actual source/writer?

The term execution is the killing of someone after judicial process. The above certainly doesn't seem to be so. The reason I ask is that a few weeks back one of Britain leading newspapers, I think the daily mail, was headed with the term "executed" referring to a mother being shot dead at her child's christening. The editor was later sacked. I'm just curious really, that's all

I'm interested to know whether to term "executed" was your choice of words or the actual source/writer?

The term execution is the killing of someone after judicial process.  The above certainly doesn't seem to be so.  The reason I ask is that a few weeks back one of Britain leading newspapers, I think the daily mail, was headed with the term "executed" referring to a mother being shot dead at her child's christening.  The editor was later sacked.  I'm just curious really, that's all

"Execution is the act of putting a person to death, according to judicial process. The same term is also sometimes applied by non-judicial groups who consider their killings to be justified by their ideology."

"Adj. 1. executed - put to death as punishment"

Here is a follow up on yesterdays news:Briton shot and dumped into canal

I didn't know there was a beach resort 120 miles ****** EAST *****of Bangkok.

It's called pattaya

just doubt...

1 miles =1.609kilometres

120 miles = 193.08

Pattaya is 147 km. southeast of Bangkok. :o

Bambi

• 4 years later...

HI

I am Roberts daughter, u lot seem to know alot more than what i do. I was never told anything but what seems lies.

I have 2 questions .... Was the blood found in paul crynes car my dads??? surely that is enough dna evidence once he had lied about it being his daughters to prove he did it or at least knew.

Also when he was told he should take a long holiday? who said it the thais or his business so called partners?

As what i seemed to piece together through guessing is that my dad left his house with ron loveleese and paul cryne to go and collect his girlfriends new car, and the security guard said he was in good spirits. paul being the driver and my dad in the passenger seat with ron in the back, my dad was shot in the back of the head and one bullet went through his hand but he always played with the seams on his shirts jeans etc so that would be him playing with his collar when he was shot through the neck.? so if the blood was in paul crynes car was my dads what is so difficult to understand paul couldnt have shot him if he was driving so the person that could have done it would have been ron?

I have heard rumours that the police were behind it and i certainly believe Gungnang his girlfriend as we knew here was involved as why would you not turn up at court for your partners murder case??

How has this been allowed to happen for them to get away with it and now paul cryne is being done in england as a hit man murderer.

i am embarrased that the senior members of my family have not done anything as far as im concerned to get justice, as no matter how bad my dad may have been to her he did not deserve to die, and in that way. i was not allowed to see my dad and say good bye to him or hold his hand and why??? Because he had been left in the that way for 4 maybe 5 days in the sun.

i hope there is someone out there that knows something or can give me some more clues to try and get justice for my dad, he was a good man and if you were in trouble he would help, i just want to do that for him now so he can rest so i can rest.

Thank you

HI

I am Roberts daughter, u lot seem to know alot more than what i do. I was never told anything but what seems lies.

I have 2 questions .... Was the blood found in paul crynes car my dads??? surely that is enough dna evidence once he had lied about it being his daughters to prove he did it or at least knew.

Also when he was told he should take a long holiday? who said it the thais or his business so called partners?

As what i seemed to piece together through guessing is that my dad left his house with ron loveleese and paul cryne to go and collect his girlfriends new car, and the security guard said he was in good spirits. paul being the driver and my dad in the passenger seat with ron in the back, my dad was shot in the back of the head and one bullet went through his hand but he always played with the seams on his shirts jeans etc so that would be him playing with his collar when he was shot through the neck.? so if the blood was in paul crynes car was my dads what is so difficult to understand paul couldnt have shot him if he was driving so the person that could have done it would have been ron?

I have heard rumours that the police were behind it and i certainly believe Gungnang his girlfriend as we knew here was involved as why would you not turn up at court for your partners murder case??

How has this been allowed to happen for them to get away with it and now paul cryne is being done in england as a hit man murderer.

i am embarrased that the senior members of my family have not done anything as far as im concerned to get justice, as no matter how bad my dad may have been to her he did not deserve to die, and in that way. i was not allowed to see my dad and say good bye to him or hold his hand and why??? Because he had been left in the that way for 4 maybe 5 days in the sun.

i hope there is someone out there that knows something or can give me some more clues to try and get justice for my dad, he was a good man and if you were in trouble he would help, i just want to do that for him now so he can rest so i can rest.

Thank you

Sorry for your loss Joelene, I really am. It always breaks my heart to see a new poster like yourself contribute her first post on a subject like this.

May I suggest a good private investigator? It may help in finding the truth in the midst of lies and dis-information. An agency NOT made entirely of farangs OR entirely of locals would be a good idea. This may help especially if there are any powers-that-be involved.

I may be able to help, Ill check to see if I have any numbers and names. If so, Ill PM you.

Meanwhile, does anyone else know of any reputable agencies?

I deleted one post that was insensitive in it's reply which was nothing more than a guess.

Jolene I really am sorry for your loss and I know it's not easy to deal with not knowing what really happened but this forum is not the place to discuss this. These are sensitive legal issues that are best handled by professionals. If you intend on pursuing this I would first get some Thai legal advice as Thailand is not like the UK, and you may be opening up some wounds that could cause you a lot of grief.

Wanting to find justice for your father is a noble instinct, you're a good daughter. But if you think about it, he would probably want you to stay safe and as far away from whatever got him into the situation he wound up in. That's what I would hope for my kid.

Whatever choice you make I wish you good luck.