Rain

gotlost

On 5/13/2017 at 7:30 PM, CMKiwi said:

THe missus woke me up at about 2am saying she could hear the sound of fast flowing water.... it was just the klong in front of the house.  Its been dry for over 2 months but there must have been lots of rain in the hills causing a bit of a flash flood.

The large pond next door is now full to overflowing and the hundreds of frogs are loving it.  Their croaking is quite deafening.

28 degrees at the moment, very nice.

Smart to stay alert to this. You got a good one.

11 hours ago, heybruce said:

I was ready to declare the smokey season over then saw the Yupparaj AQI is 152:    http://aqicn.org/city/thailand/chiangmai/yupparaj-wittayalai-school/

What the hey?

Something doesn't sound right at 152 . PM2.5 is at 11 at 09:00 and has been as low as 8 . It's been raining for the last 2 days and only just stopped this morning. Visibility is superb which matches up with the low pollution count.

Praise be !  Raining heavy in Nong Hoi for some time now, and the first kara-croaky contest entrant of the season is warming-up with some stirring bass notes flavored with enticing vibrato. 

~o:37;

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its been raining out in Mae Rim since about 730.  Some very big down pours then it eases up a bit before another drenching comes through.  It looks like it may do this all day.

Good day to watch some movies....not so good for a bike ride.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CMKiwi said:

Its been raining out in Mae Rim since about 730.  Some very big down pours then it eases up a bit before another drenching comes through.  It looks like it may do this all day.

Good day to watch some movies....not so good for a bike ride.

Whats new ???

Its rainy season you know !!!

its a  Booka  Hyland,  good morning to all

• 1 month later...

The monsoon is hitting the south pretty hard now and will for the next 7 days.   We had some heavy thunderstorms last night in Pattaya, I could actually see a lightning hitting the ground from short distance at 2 AM outside my condo.

Edited by balo

• 1 month later...

A very big downpour in Mae Rim. Klong in front of house burst its banks...yet again.  keep telling the missus to get bigger culvit pipes and that will stop the overflow from coming into our yard.

Maybe next big rain lah!

Thought it would never arrive,been watering the garden for the last 3 weeks,so very little run off in Hang Dong.

Our dam photograhers seem to have gone AWOL.Be nice to see some shots. All dams/catchments only half full as has been reported by some media

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
10 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

A little rain in the old town tonight but nthing spectacular like Mae Rim a few nights ago.

Alas I shall miss all the excitement as I'm heading down to Hua Hin for a month before returning to NZ after a 8 year break.

Not sure when I may return...but generally good memories of the place.

Hopefully the clowns in charge will get the boot and something resembling democracy will come to the fore.  I won't hold my breath.

It's been a pleasure helping folk on TV.  And some very good feedback too.

Thanks for your contributions.  You will be missed here.

All the best, wish you good health and joy.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...