Group Retreats In Krabi

Kartika

Hi,

Although I've spent a year in Thailand, I've never been to Krabi. :o I'm planning for a series of group health & wellness retreats for the upcoming season, and I'm thinking Krabi would be ideal.

I am on the lookout for a relatively modest bungalow operation who would like to host/sponsor such programs on a regular basis.

Unfortunately I'm stuck in Singapore at the moment and can't get up to have a look around for a few months yet. So I'm wondering if anyone can offer me some potential leads?

The profile I'm looking for is: mid-range, modest but clean, quiet location, on or not too far from the beach, a space (sala) for exercise programs, thai-massage, friendly owners open to a new opportunity.

Any info or leads you might provide would be most appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi k,

Maybe this can answer both your questions:

Our group stayed at Baan oriental recently in Ao Nang. They had both wifi and an adsl pc at your disposal 24/7, also private pool, etc. It was fabulous.

Website pricing may look a bit steep http://www.baanoriental.com but if you contact them, they'll likely give a whopping discount if they have no bookings (and lately bookings are way down according to the owner)

Last, since you can get very cheap flights from Sing to Phuket now, you might do well to jump on a plane and spend a weekend scouting. There's loads of places in both ao nang beach/ Krabi town areas which would suit.

good luck,

daniel

Thanks, Daniel. Will check this out.

Believe me, nothing would make me happier than to spend a couple of days in Thailand. But I'm teaching 7 days, and it's tough to get a few days off. Hopefully soon!

If any other suggestions come to mind, would love to hear them...

Cheers

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Although I've spent a year in Thailand, I've never been to Krabi. :o I'm planning for a series of group health & wellness retreats for the upcoming season, and I'm thinking Krabi would be ideal.

I am on the lookout for a relatively modest bungalow operation who would like to host/sponsor such programs on a regular basis.

Unfortunately I'm stuck in Singapore at the moment and can't get up to have a look around for a few months yet. So I'm wondering if anyone can offer me some potential leads?

The profile I'm looking for is: mid-range, modest but clean, quiet location, on or not too far from the beach, a space (sala) for exercise programs, thai-massage, friendly owners open to a new opportunity.

Cheers!

hello Kartica,

perhaps you would like to have a look at Palm Resort www.a-house-in-thailand.com

its a real villa Resort with Yoga facilities and lots of space - in Ao Nang.

regards

amarka

Guess you need to think about what room rate you want to pay??

Some places are very expensive...some not so.

Hi,

Cheers!

hello Kartica,

perhaps you would like to have a look at Palm Resort www.a-house-in-thailand.com

its a real villa Resort with Yoga facilities and lots of space - in Ao Nang.

regards

amarka

Guess you need to think about what room rate you want to pay??

Some places are very expensive...some not so.

I am on the lookout for a relatively modest bungalow operation.

Snoop,

"Relatively Modest" and "Mid-Range" would be the operative terms. I want to keep things somewhat affordable.

What that means in actual terms depends on the rates of resorts who are interested. I am open to looking at a range of alternatives.

Do you know of any possibilities?

Thanks,

K

• 2 months later...

Hi Kartica, I live on an island near Krabi. The bungalow prices here are very cheap right now. The are no bars, no nightlife things and it's a relatively quiet place - apart from the usual mororbikes etc etc. Very basic in terms of facilities and you need a bicycle or motorbike to get around. If you go via me, I'll talk to the bungalow owner and negociate you a good price - I help them out with bookings as little English is spoken here.

Check out Tiger Air new flights direct to Krabi and very cheap.

Can you tell me your plans re the Yoga - is it a space to teach that you need?

We could organise regular group yoga holidays here - perfect.

What do you think

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Seonai,

I might be interested in something like this. Email or PM me with details. I am looking for a quiet and inexpensive place to meditate and do yoga but especially get some good exercise. Is there any kind of surf on your island? I might prefer my own home rather than a touristy place, but price would be a determining factor. I might stay as long as 2 months. If it is what I am looking for I might also come and bring others from time to time

Thanks

Seeker