Unofficial Thai Visa Pissup - 18 Oct 2009

britmaveric

Considering some of the bad tempered posts on TV the name of the bar seems appropriate.

Good chance of a Western-style chairs smashing over heads punch-up I reckon?

I wouldn't think so. :)

No worries I think Khun Toad has been practicing arm bar techniques with HM. :D

:D I'm a bit out of practice since leaving the NHS and HMP -Although I reckon I've still got the technique.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossbar, as you might expect from TV, is a great place for those who love to smoke indoors.....

I will get you a chair where you can sit outside and suck up bus fumes instead :) bring a mask and straw? Im in, willing to sacrifice an hour or so off my life as a non smoker to be in the presence of possibly the most knowledgeable folk on the planet. Everything from removing warts to the latest market price of Buffalo will be discussed whilst smoking cheap cigars and drinking vintage chung, isn't soi cowboy around the corner? hmmmm.....

Warning, Warning - The Anti smoking crew are about to hijack the thread. :)

Well, I asked the question which was not, IMHO, unreasonable, and whilst I am a non smoker I am certainly not anti smoking I just don't enjoy smoke filled environments, if people wish to smoke, well that is their choice and right.

I was simply asking what the venue's take on the smoking laws were, so I could then make an informed decision whether to attend or not. I did ponder over whether to ask the question as I was worried about the reaction.

I have always enjoyed the get together's and have met some very interesting members, I hope you all have a most enjoyable evening, I am sure you will.

I'm afraid your wrong, Mr. Toad...

The SMOKING crew already did, scheduling yet another TV related get-together at an indoor smoking place. I'm afraid you and co. beat me to it...

Warning, Warning - The Anti smoking crew are about to hijack the thread. :D

I'm afraid your wrong, Mr. Toad...

The SMOKING crew already did, scheduling yet another TV related get-together at an indoor smoking place. I'm afraid you and co. beat me to it...

:)

Why don't you organise something then?

In the end, the last time we did have ameet up there, there were no complaints from the non-smokers and a pleasant evening was had.

Hopefully, you are not going to now go ahead and carry on about smoking /non smoking laws.

It's an opportunity for people to meet up, which Britmav has kindly organised.

Well, I asked the question which was not, IMHO, unreasonable, and whilst I am a non smoker I am certainly not anti smoking I just don't enjoy smoke filled environments, if people wish to smoke, well that is their choice and right.

I was simply asking what the venue's take on the smoking laws were, so I could then make an informed decision whether to attend or not. I did ponder over whether to ask the question as I was worried about the reaction.

I have always enjoyed the get together's and have met some very interesting members, I hope you all have a most enjoyable evening, I am sure you will.

Sorry OG, it was not aimed at you. :D

I wonder what would happen if the "pissup" crowd were ever to pick a non-smoking venue???

Surely, the world as we know it would come to a crashing end....

Rather than moan and complain, why don't you organise something. I'm pretty sure that people will still come along.

BTW I don't like you other insinuation of this group being a"pissup" crowd.

Anyway, time to get back on topic.

Thread title: Unofficial Thai Visa Pissup - 18 Oct 2009

Sounds like a "pissup" crowd to me....

And your not coming so !!! Go save somebody a 150bt :)

Great venue, good guys and gals so far so looking forward to a great night. :D

BT

Oooh, just had a though.

I get to wind Geekfreak up about us beating Milwall today. :)

We haven't played yet, buddy. But the Lions having only scored one away goal all season I think you Swindon lads may be in with a good chance. We shall see mate.

Don't encourage him, he'll be bashing your ears if they beat you though, make no doubt about that.

Oooh, just had a though.

I get to wind Geekfreak up about us beating Milwall today. :)

We haven't played yet, buddy. But the Lions having only scored one away goal all season I think you Swindon lads may be in with a good chance. We shall see mate.

Don't encourage him, he'll be bashing your ears if they beat you though, make no doubt about that.

No need to fear, Toady. I can fashion a copy of the Bangkok post into a millwall brick if the Moonman gets too unruly, :D

No need to fear, Toady. I can fashion a copy of the Bangkok post into a millwall brick if the Moonman gets too unruly, :D

I think that Britmav will be bringing along his new partner "Howard" so you better be careful. otherwise he'll put you in an armlock. :)