Si Saket

santafeross

In my humble oppinion,Srisaket is quiet back to the basics, you will love it if you like the countryside. I'm looking forward to go back with the songkran for a couple of weeks, but to live there? I don't know....(yet)

I knowThere is a private school in Srisaket city where they teach english.

:o

• 3 weeks later...

Hi , I live in Sisaket since 1996 and there are some farangs "German , Brit's , Dutch , American's and more .

The most Schools have English Programs , Nativespeakers.

Also there is a boardingschool .

Houses are here for Rent between 3000 up to 9000 Baht /Month.

Golfcourse,Swimmingpools,Sportplaces & Tennis is o.k

2 Farangplaces, 1 belaongs to me where you get Pizza , European Food and differnt kind of Cheese etc.

Maybe you need more Infrmation, please send E-Mail

Greetings Frank and Nong (Livin" in the Past) Pizza Steak

What information do you have for an American moving to Thailand regarding Si Saket living conditions/housing and teaching opportunities?

Thanks,

Ross

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, my first post here.

I made a trip through Srisaket recently and it had most items needed to survive.

There were 2 nightclubs Eagles and All Sis. The shopping centre Suan Heng had a KFC, Dunkin Donuts and a little bakery that made some nice French bread. There were a number of fast internet café’s on the street between Suan Heng and the bus station. The computer shops had a good range of hardware.

A nice find was a steak restaurant on the Ubon side of town next to the Mercedes dealer. The name was in Thai, “Pee Tong Ka” or something like that. The menu was in Thai and they appeared to specialize in western food. I thoroughly recommend the pork chop. If you are feeling extra hungry, try the German pork. Be prepared to share or take a doggy bag home if you order it. It is massive. The meal was one of best western meals I’ve had in Thailand.

There appeared to be a large farang population for an out of the way place. I saw maybe 8 or 9 farangs per day in the 2 days I visited. I noticed farang high school kids too.

Nongfrank, where’s your place? I was told it is near the police station but I couldn’t track it down. I would like to drop in on my next visit. I hear you make good sausages.

Farma.