Accomodation In Khao Yai

mca

I'm off to Khao Yai for a few days next week and wonder if anybody has any accommodation gems that they could recommend in the area. I've stayed there a few times before and have always been fairly disappointed with what you get for your money (like The Greenery Resort). I'm not expecting true 5 star but I'd like something a bit nicer and luxurious than those 2000 plus baht a night rip offs with musty bedrooms, knackered aircon and cold fried eggs/cold hot dog sausages in the breakfast buffet. BTW Kirimaya Resort is a bit more than I want to spend for a quick break although it looks very nice.

Even somewhere nearer Korat or Chok Chai would be fine.

Cheers.

Edited by mca

Juldis resort may be an option for you.

You can google for info.

I'm off to Khao Yai for a few days next week and wonder if anybody has any accommodation gems that they could recommend in the area. I've stayed there a few times before and have always been fairly disappointed with what you get for your money (like The Greenery Resort). I'm not expecting true 5 star but I'd like something a bit nicer and luxurious than those 2000 plus baht a night rip offs with musty bedrooms, knackered aircon and cold fried eggs/cold hot dog sausages in the breakfast buffet. BTW Kirimaya Resort is a bit more than I want to spend for a quick break although it looks very nice.

Even somewhere nearer Korat or Chok Chai would be fine.

Cheers.

We are also going for a few days when the kid finish school. I am looking for not-too-expensive accommodation. preferably a bungalow with two bedrooms, or something like that. Close to hikling trails would be ideal.

Also any advice on trails and guides, child-friendly, for wildlife spotting?

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks for the replies all.

phibunmike if you go into the park after dusk and drive to the the restaurant/museum area they do "night safaris" on the backs of converted pickups fitted with spotlights. I did it a few years ago and hopefully they're still running and the price wasn't too bad (I think I negotiated it down to about 200 baht a head but don't quote me on that). It's nothing special but if you've got kids they'll love it out in the open air after dark. Guaranteed to spot herds of deer and possibly elephants but don't get your hopes up for any tigers seeing as there are quite a few of these pick ups darting about.

I was looking at their prices and they seem a bit steep soihok. Is it worth the money?

In my opinion it was a bit steep, but I did,nt use the Spa, the wife said it was very good.

If you,re not up for Golf or the Spa then I would suggest look else where.

Cheers

Thanks for the replies all.

phibunmike if you go into the park after dusk and drive to the the restaurant/museum area they do "night safaris" on the backs of converted pickups fitted with spotlights. I did it a few years ago and hopefully they're still running and the price wasn't too bad (I think I negotiated it down to about 200 baht a head but don't quote me on that). It's nothing special but if you've got kids they'll love it out in the open air after dark. Guaranteed to spot herds of deer and possibly elephants but don't get your hopes up for any tigers seeing as there are quite a few of these pick ups darting about.

Thanks for the info, mca, we will give it a try....

We are also going for a few days when the kid finish school. I am looking for not-too-expensive accommodation. preferably a bungalow with two bedrooms, or something like that. Close to hikling trails would be ideal.

Thanks,

Mike

A good accommodation is the Palm Garden Lodge near Prachin Buri.

It's a familial and very friendly little lodge and they have skilful guides.

Look at their homepage palmgalo.com

Thanks,

Mike

A good accommodation is the Palm Garden Lodge near Prachin Buri.

It's a familial and very friendly little lodge and they have skilful guides.

Look at their homepage palmgalo.com

Looks nice, just what we are looking for. Thanks for the information :)