4 Wheel Drive 2.8ltr Toyota

i have a friend who has recently moved to live in BKK,there is a story back here in the UK that he has bought a new 2.8 ltr toyota 4 W/D.

what surprises me is that the cost was app. 600,000 Bht.

is this really the correct price? as it seems very cheap. :o

i have a friend who has recently moved to live in BKK,there is a story back here in the UK that he has bought a new 2.8 ltr toyota 4 W/D.

600.000 bahts would be the bottom fo the range. The top range 3.0 double cab would go around 900.000 which is pretty cheap by western standard. ALso those models are not available.

You can export one. If you do a search you will find some guys who have done it through a reputable agent without coming ove rto LOS

I love the VIGO 3.0 which I test drove last week

Good luck

"he has bought a new 2.8 ltr toyota 4 W/D."

What is it? Truck? SUV?

What options does it include?

Can you be more specific?

you say "new" is that new to him or new like off the showroom floor?

A NEW, like brand new never used Toyota 4X4 SUV in the US would cost about 1.1 million baht + , depending on options.

Like power windows by Armstrong are cheaper that electric ones, for instance.

As is A/C from "window/open" cheaper than the fanbelt driven ones. Naturally asperated cheaper than turbo... etc.

:o

Maybe contact Andy at Expat Motors Bkk. I believe they also export to the UK from here.

Edited by bahtandsold

The 2.8 went out of the Toyota range in Thailand a long time ago.

I think you can still get them in Singapore and SA.

After the 2.8 came the fatally flawed 5L 3 litre engine and then the 2.5 D4D and then the 3.0 liter D4D and then the Vigo with the D4D mark two engine.

600.000 bahts would be the bottom fo the range. The top range 3.0 double cab would go around 900.000 which is pretty cheap by western standard. ALso those models are not available.

You can export one. If you do a search you will find some guys who have done it through a reputable agent without coming ove rto LOS

I love the VIGO 3.0 which I test drove last week

Good luck

thanx guys,

ive done a lil searching and i think hes bought a brand new Vigo,great value i think.

im not thinking of trying to import to UK,more interested in the costs in LOS as i hope to living there soon. :D

now all i need is a good value condo :D

The list only shows payment options, not the specs - which are not on the Toyota website either. Perhaps if you download the brochure (pdf) then you can see if there are any differences in interior/exterior, and, of course, engine specs - torque curve, fuel consumption etc.

Keep in mind that if you buy a gasoline powered pick up in Thailand that there will be no market for it if you want to trade or sell. I KNOW. I had a Toyota with the gasoline engine.

My new Nissan is loaded. Three liter diesel, power windows, king cab, power steering, air con, Sony radio, Alloy wheels, bed liner, bumpers and even remote door locks. I paid 540,000 baht for it last November. The fuel consumption is always between 12.5 and 13.5 kilometers per liter. The gasoline Totota got 9 kilometers per liter.